• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2023

Doug3101

I’m really surprised that the AGM hasn’t been made available to members by zoom. As I’m sure a lot who would have been there on a normal match day, particularly those not living locally would like to see the meeting live. Can the Trust board explain why this isn’t being done?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who is organising the pitchforks and torches? Or do we bring our own?

Whilst Martin is absolutely right in predicting that there won't be startling revelations today, the Board will be able to say plenty about Q1 (the transfer window/striker issue) from things that are already fairly well known. Though of course they shouldn't mention players names

- We had a deal for the key striker with everything agreed with both the player and his club. The very last step - the medical - he failed (Callum Morton) just days before the deadline.

- We had a Premiership forward coming on a season long loan. Everything agreed. He even trained with us in pre season. The deal got pulled by the Premiership club less than an hour before the window closed. (Harris from Fulham)

- We made cash bids for other players that were rejected (eg Harry Cardwell)

Grecian Max

For the 4,565th time… Harris is an attacking midfielder

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I read this, should the will be there, the Trust could revisit its articles to allow virtual participation in AGMs.

Notwithstanding the above, even if there was no desire to do this, there's nothing to say the meeting can't be broadcast, via Zoom or whatever, so, at the very least, those who are unable to get along in person can follow proceedings remotely.

fred binneys head

I think there's a lot to be said for a well-worded question which demands a yes or no answer. While all the above are entirely legitimate questions, it seems to me that, as Martin suggests, most, if not all, can be 'answered' quite easily without telling us anything we don't already know.
You can demand a yes or no answer but you won’t necessarily get one. Most questions raised by football fans would probably be best answered with “it depends” and probably will, should any be asked.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were promised an update after this week's board meeting. Maybe someone in attendance at the AGM could ask when we are likely to receive this update.
1700307017043.png

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Any news? Who won the popularity contest?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Nick
Neil
Doug
Debra

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nick
Neil
Doug
Debra
Why have you listed the only female last when alphabetically she should be first?*

Congratulations to them all.

*Just kidding 😁

Pete Martin (CTID)

Why have you listed the only female last when alphabetically she should be first?*

Congratulations to them all.

*Just kidding 😁
They were read out in order of numbers of votes and the list mirrors that. Simples.