• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not me Olds, I think you have to watch the dam show to complain, Never heard of Ant Payne, Why's he so high on the list?
A presenter on Capitol Radio...He made a insensitive joke about the earthquake in Turkey a couple of months ago.

Spoonz Red E

.... Who would complain about Dancing On Ice !!! 🤣🤣
I refer you to the 3 Titanic films mentioned in your previous post.

Oldsmobile-88

11th May 1982

Top Gear on BBC2 in the years before it became a sort of lads mag on TV for petrol heads.
William Woollord & Sue Baker(1947-2022) presenting. Woollord was also a presenter on
Tomorrow’s World. Can’t imagine Clarkson in such a sensible programme 😁

Baker looks at leaded petrol in the UK.
There was no such thing as unleaded in this country at the time, despite it being acknowledged that it was bad for the populations health, particularly youngsters. California & Japan were miles ahead of anyone in phasing it out. Unleaded available in 1971 & 72 respectively.
That was still a few years away in Europe.
Unleaded fuel became more widespread in the UK in 1988, though with a initial low take up rate, to encourage a switch the duty on unleaded was cut by 6p a Gallon(27p/litre)
20 years after leaded petrol was banned in the UK(1999) there is still high levels of lead in the atmosphere around London incredibly.

43D51542-87B0-4391-AA40-E325A51CA2FF.jpeg3368CCF1-DF24-465C-A712-81E648C06E93.jpegA437618E-AE96-4B48-A881-98F8985BE631.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

The latest series of Celebrity has finished, a legends edition in South Africa. It was rather good, I usually just dip in & out of the show, this one I managed to watch the whole lot. There were no TV viewers votes for who did the trials for this edition, which I thought made the format more interesting, previously there had usually been a pile on of votes for one particular contestant, it just got daft- ie Hancock.

The final eating challenge between Myleene & Jordan had me gagging just watching..How the fcuk did Ms Klass knock all of that back ?

Oldsmobile-88

On Channel 4 this evening(13th May) at 7pm, The Falklands. The Untold Story.
First broadcast last year on the 40th anniversary of the war with Argentina. Worth a watch if you missed it.

iscalad

Looking forward to the Ten Pound Poms on Sunday.
Should bring back a few memories.

Oldsmobile-88

Looking forward to the Ten Pound Poms on Sunday.
Should bring back a few memories.
That looks good. What year did you go to Aus ?

iscalad

That looks good. What year did you go to Aus ?
1959. To South Australia.

Oldsmobile-88

Cliff Richard with Congratulations was the UK entry at the Royal Albert Hall, London. The contest was held on 6th April.

Cliff came 2nd one point behind the Spanish entry by Massiel(La,la, la) reports years later that General Franco instructed TV Execs from the national broadcaster to buy votes in other countries for their entry. Truth or myth ? Who knows.

4A36C45E-839B-4E04-AB33-9E6999F34FC2.jpeg

iscalad

Cliff Richard with Congratulations was the UK entry at the Royal Albert Hall, London. The contest was held on 6th April.

Cliff came 2nd one point behind the Spanish entry by Massiel(La,la, la) reports years later that General Franco instructed TV Execs from the national broadcaster to buy votes in other countries for their entry. Truth or myth ? Who knows.

View attachment 11596
We wuz robbed....