• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Isnt/wasn't Greyhound owned by Stagecoch at one time.
Ps..the man in the gabardine raincoat is a spy.
I had to google it 😎

A1DC23CE-B3F1-4725-B756-0D7FB70D13DB.jpeg

Alistair20000

Isnt/wasn't Greyhound owned by Stagecoch at one time.
Ps..the man in the gabardine raincoat is a spy.
PPS Be careful his bowtie is really a camera

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
What the well-dressed dog is wearing.............

Spoonz Red E

PPS Be careful his bowtie is really a camera
Snappy dresser.

lamrobhero

I have traversed the USA and back (by different routes) by Greyhound bus. Great if you are not in a hurry and can be flexible. You meet the locals and visit places off the beaten track. I learnt to try and spot a decent hotel on the way into town. The overnighters were killers. Back in 1996 I had a rover ticket. Not sure they do those anymore I think its all this mobile phone malarky.

Oldsmobile-88

I have traversed the USA and back (by different routes) by Greyhound bus. Great if you are not in a hurry and can be flexible. You meet the locals and visit places off the beaten track. I learnt to try and spot a decent hotel on the way into town. The overnighters were killers. Back in 1996 I had a rover ticket. Not sure they do those anymore I think its all this mobile phone malarky.
On one section of the NYC to LA trip the replacement driver did not arrive( he was a few hours away) All the passengers had to disembark, & were left outside the locked coach in the middle of the night !
On the return from LA to NYC, the bus was abruptly terminated mid way due to poor weather closing the Interstate. The fella doing the video ended up flying to NYC instead.
The scariest part of the trips for the YouTuber were some of the bus stations at night...I’ve travelled a fair bit in the US over the years though have never done a coach/bus trip except LA to Tijuana about 30 years ago, in US coach travel that’s ‘just down the road about 150 miles’ 😎😁
Slept like a babe on the way back after being fed copious amounts of Tequila by friendly Mexicans at a Market 😁

It must have been quite a adventure with the rover ticket, loads of Motels near the stops I’d imagine ?

Oldsmobile-88

Kyren Wilson just about got over the finish line in the World Snooker Championship Final on BBC2. Beating Jak Jones 18-14
Both players feeling the pressure in the final two sessions producing many unforced errors which did make for good TV

lamrobhero

It must have been quite a adventure with the rover ticket, loads of Motels near the stops I’d imagine ?
Well this is the thing I would find myself at the bus station with no idea where I was going to spend the night. There were not usually motels near the bus station, hence the hotel spotting on the approach. Some very good some not so good. Being fit enough to walk distances with luggage was needed (I had a rucsac). Not sure I would want to "hang around" a bus station and that would include London Victoria.
My general plan was to follow the route Bakersfield to Oklahoma City following the route taken by the Joad family in Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath". And to visit Norfolk Virginia because of the Chuck Berry song. :)

Oldsmobile-88

7th May 1976

The Money Programme on BBC2 looks at the decline & eventual demise of the huge Textile industry in the UK.

It must be a Friday on BBC1 because the first season of Starsky & Hutch is being shown. Hugely popular show at the time.

011177DE-6ACA-4A47-BD41-80C3C43F5A52.jpeg

Spoonz Red E

7th May 1976

The Money Programme on BBC2 looks at the decline & eventual demise of the huge Textile industry in the UK.

It must be a Friday on BBC1 because the first season of Starsky & Hutch is being shown. Hugely popular show at the time.

View attachment 15439
Playhouse on BBC2 - a rare acting gig for the pop musician Heinz.
Bass player for the Tornados (alongside Matt Bellamy's dad).
Joe Meek was infatuated by him and it was Heinz's gun that Meek used to murder his landlady.