• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK and European Politics 2024 Thread

Stelios

And now our public realm is in ruins - hats off to George Osborne. Why ITV have got him on election night I don't know - he should be in prison (except they're all full).
The thing is he'll find it all hilarious on election night because Reeves and Starmer have promised to adhere to his 'fiscal rules'.

Can't lose

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking forward to a massive Labour majority. :)
...and another 14 years of the same. Hurrah!

As Tavy said - it's going to be interesting seeing Labour trying to sort out all the mess. And failing badly.

Drastic measures are needed. And Labour ain't gonna go there.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
...and another 14 years of the same. Hurrah!

As Tavy said - it's going to be interesting seeing Labour trying to sort out all the mess. And failing badly.

Drastic measures are needed. And Labour ain't gonna go there.
Peter Hitchens disagrees.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
And right on cue, another Tory plant mysteriously comes out of the woodwork.

Laughable. It's not going to save them. Annihilation coming in T minus 2 days...
Matt Le Jinxier at it again.

For years the Tory party was full of fake Tories. Now Reform is full of real Tories.

No wonder you spend so much time hiding in your cupboard, the world must be a very confusing place.

Mr Jinx

"Don't vote Labour for more wokery", says Boris, the person that gaves us...err...more wokery.

tavyred

If some of the left leaning posters on here spent as much time discussing the actual issues as they do imagining what the likes of jinxy and me really think or that our views are somehow indicative of a character flaw, then this thread would be better for it. 🙄

tavyred

Peter Hitchens disagrees.

Hitchens is really riled up about Starmer I’ve noticed. Never seen him so animated. What does he know that we don’t? 😱

Spoonz Red E

They rile people up because the Tories, Reform and the press told you to be riled up about it. It is a great distraction from the actual issues the country faces and the actual fixing we need after 14 years of devastating Tory party rule.
(y)
... plus social media algorithms, bot farms and targeted messages.

Last edited:

tavyred

Unfortunately Tavy, on this subject you're just wrong. Sorry to say. Respect your opinion and how much you stick to them, no matter what, but leaving the EHRC does nothing to help this issue.
I can totally understand why some people on balance would rather stay in the ECHR, but let’s not kid ourselves that giving asylum seekers access to its judgements doesn’t act as a brake on removals. I thought you were in favour of quicker processing? 🤷‍♂️

Rosencrantz

"Don't vote Labour for more wokery", says Boris, the person that gaves us...err...more wokery.
And indeed...pokery 😉