• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK and European Politics 2024 Thread

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Micheal Gove to stand down at the GE.
Great shame.
One of the few Ministers who can claim to have improved things, in his case the English education system.

tavyred

I've got no problem at all with plans getting 'knocked'.
I just find it funny that Labour have had their plan published since May 10th and various Stepford Tories still keep saying 'Labour doesn't have a plan' by rote.
Labour’s ‘plan’ on legal migration is plausible I suppose, however its plan for the illegal variety is laughably vague and borders (get it?!) on the disingenuous.

arthur

I've just looked at the Tory website. It lists 5 priorities. A list of priorities is not a plan.

The High Court said as much recently about the Government's Net Zero by 2035 commitment. A statement of intent, or an arbitrary target, without a plan to deliver it, is meaningless.

Which is what the Conservative Party has now become, fronted by a man with zero leadership skills who is deluded enough to think he alone has the charisma to carry his party to victory.

I am going to have to buy a stronger embarrassment shield if I am to survive the next few weeks.

arthur

Micheal Gove to stand down at the GE.
Probably one of those Tories standing down because he's frightened he might win. I don't imagine he relishes the thought of five years of being marooned, powerless, with a small collection of rather strange people who will constitute the Conservative parliamentary party.

Mr Jinx

I've got no problem at all with plans getting 'knocked'.
I just find it funny that Labour have had their plan published since May 10th and various Stepford Tories still keep saying 'Labour doesn't have a plan' by rote.

Kneeler's been making plans and pledges for 4 years now.

Not worth the paper they're written on (or stone they're scribed onto).

Guff of the highest order.

Mr Jinx

Great shame.
One of the few Ministers who can claim to have improved things, in his case the English education system.
Aye, I always had time for Gove. Just a shame he loved using his dagger so much...

Because of him, we had to endure the Maybot which wasted the country nearly 3 years.

Spoonz Red E

Kneeler's been making plans and pledges for 4 years now.

Not worth the paper they're written on (or stone they're scribed onto).

Guff of the highest order.
Guff awe.

Grecian2K

Great shame.
Are you REALLY sure about that?
Surely he's the man who backed your poster-boy "Bozza" until almost the last minute. Then did an "Brutus" and let Teaser in through the back door?
And someone with - let's just say "questionable recreational hobbies"? (The fact that he's yet to even try put a SLAPP on the great John Crace for his frequent hints about the "Govey Crack Den" in his regular column suggests that fire might not be entirely without smoke?)
More likely though is that GeeBeebies have offered him a lucrative gig post GE. If this rat run continues to paraphrase that famous line from Jaws "Sir" Paul Marshall..."We're gonna need a bigger studio"!🤣

Alistair20000

Probably one of those Tories standing down because he's frightened he might win. I don't imagine he relishes the thought of five years of being marooned, powerless, with a small collection of rather strange people who will constitute the Conservative parliamentary party.
Yep opposition is a fag. Wonder what job offers he has hoovered up. :unsure:

No more snake in the grass.

1716577214605.png

tavyred

Are you REALLY sure about that?
Surely he's the man who backed your poster-boy "Bozza" until almost the last minute. Then did an "Brutus" and let Teaser in through the back door?
And someone with - let's just say "questionable recreational hobbies"? (The fact that he's yet to even try put a SLAPP on the great John Crace for his frequent hints about the "Govey Crack Den" in his regular column suggests that fire might not be entirely without smoke?)
More likely though is that GeeBeebies have offered him a lucrative gig post GE. If this rat run continues to paraphrase that famous line from Jaws "Sir" Paul Marshall..."We're gonna need a bigger studio"!🤣
Well yeah, apart from all that he was a damn fine Education Minister. 😜