• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
A 4 Skins lyric G2K..From ‘Summer Holiday’ you may prefer Cliffs song 😎
What a band the 4Skins were! The live tracks at the end of the good the bad and the 4 skins with Panther singing is still one of my favourite ways to spend 30 minutes.

On topic, I'm concerned by Al's comments about G7 by zoom as my politics avoiding wife said the same thing. I mumbled something about new leaders and building rapport so I'll mumble the same on here.

Alistair20000

What a band the 4Skins were! The live tracks at the end of the good the bad and the 4 skins with Panther singing is still one of my favourite ways to spend 30 minutes.

On topic, I'm concerned by Al's comments about G7 by zoom as my politics avoiding wife said the same thing. I mumbled something about new leaders and building rapport so I'll mumble the same on here.
I would not mind the G7 leaders/buffoons meeting in person if us the great unwashed were (as promised) released from the ridiculous "restrictions" we are forced to comply with.

angelic upstart

I hear ya Al! I just play devils advocate with my wife as I'll end up waffling and I almost only mention anything political on here, or when I'm binge drunk.

LOG

I would not mind the G7 leaders/buffoons meeting in person if us the great unwashed were (as promised) released from the ridiculous "restrictions" we are forced to comply with.
I know someone who was involved in the negotiations (the bit where the work gets done) and they were quite disappointed that it was all done on Zoom rather than the normal get together, with accompanying jolly.

Off topic, slightly, those Ospreys are bleddy noisy things. Had to turn the wireless up when they went over the other day.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

There are photos of fans breaking up chairs and tables of an Oporto bar terrace but I can't be fecked to find them
Okay. Just that someone posted an out of date one recently.

Anyways not particularly relevant to English lockdown

IndoMike

Johnson is pretty thick : he never learns the lesson that you can't give deadlines for Covid. Why doesn't he just STFU and wait and see, rather than try and predict a problem which is unpredictable. Who knows, another bleddy variant might show up in the next month to screw everything up again, just as Delta did

tavyred

The U.K. (under BJ) has been adopting a policy of ‘not before dates’ since February.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Popular decision by the Prime Minister, thought I'd love to see these numbers broken down by age and employment status.

Alistair20000

Cut public service worker pay to 80% of salary but with a £30,000 cap and you might get a different answer. So many “working” inefficiently from home and in many cases effectively on holiday. What’s not to like ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Higher age group far more in favour of the delay than the younger generation.