• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Vaccine News-

Good news.
Maybe, just maybe we can escape another 12 months of tedious lockdowns and sensationalist MSM coverage.
We can but hope 👍

Legohead

Banned
I can just see Bojo's announcement upon the rollout of a successful vaccine.

"I can now announce to the British people...………..that the nightmare that this virus has brought us will soon be brought to an end. We HAVE a vaccine (obligatory Boris half hearted fist pump). We HAVE an oven ready vaccine to go from immediate effect. So it's GO GO GO for us all. As from tomorrow...………….............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................as from tomorrow. Thursday July the 16th. I will announce the details of the vaccine roll out process. A process which, bearing in mind is oven ready to go go go right now is planned to commence on the 14th of November. Don't ask me why but the date just sounded good and in keeping with my consistent leadership throughout this crisis, totally random too. We know that the elderly and vulnerable are particularly at risk from this devilish disease (he always says devilish - never heard anyone say it in Yorkshire before - too posh) therefore we will commence the vaccine roll out with people aged between 10 years and 30 years."

I can see it going something like that.

Last edited:

tavyred

If BoJo can claim a world beating vaccine on his watch, expect a Gordy Broon style “we saved the world” speech for sure!!😄
Expect self loathing Remoaners to spontaneously combust as well!!😄

Legohead

Banned
Anyway, just got confirmation from a local stately home that we plan to visit next week that the hall is open, no face masks required and only one person at a time to be allowed in the toilets. The lack of bogs has meant they'll miss out on 30 odd quid and i'll look elsewhere. This is going to be a huge issue once more people start venturing out to visitor attractions. Not enough bogs? No problem. No custom from me.

Legohead

Banned
If BoJo can claim a world beating vaccine on his watch, expect a Gordy Broon style “we saved the world” speech for sure!!😄
Expect self loathing Remoaners to spontaneously combust as well!!😄
Well if China are the ones to suddenly miraculously pop up with the vaccine then a very large rat the size of a horse must be decaying somewhere. It could even end up on someone's dinner plate so double bubble! :p

Rosencrantz

I can just see Bojo's announcement upon the rollout of a successful vaccine.

"I can now announce to the British people...………..that the nightmare that this virus has brought us will soon be brought to an end. We HAVE a vaccine (obligatory Boris half hearted fist pump). We HAVE an oven ready vaccine to go from immediate effect. So it's GO GO GO for us all. As from tomorrow...………….............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................as from tomorrow. Thursday July the 16th. I will announce the details of the vaccine roll out process. A process which, bearing in mind is oven ready to go go go right now is planned to commence on the 14th of November. Don't ask me why but the date just sounded good and in keeping with my consistent leadership throughout this crisis, totally random too. We know that the elderly and vulnerable are particularly at risk from this devilish disease (he always says devilish - never heard anyone say it in Yorkshire before - too posh) therefore we will commence the vaccine roll out with people aged between 10 years and 30 years."

I can see it going something like that.
It would actually be partly thanks to Bolsonaro's laissez-faire reaction to the virus in Brazil as I believe that it where a number of trials by Oxford Uni are being held. hey actually need to have the virus running in fairly high numbers to test quickly and effectively. Good news if the vaccine shows success after the recent evidence coming out that herd immunity might not be the answer due to antibodies limited shelf life.

This is interesting (from Peston's blog)

One source told me: “An important point to keep in mind is that there are two dimensions to the immune response: antibodies and T-cells..

“Everybody is focussed on antibodies but there is a growing body of evidence suggesting that the T-cells response is important in the defence against coronavirus.

As I understand, not all of the many vaccines under development across the world increase both antibodies and T-cells. But the Oxford vaccine looks as though it has this twin effect.

Sidey's back

chatting and laughing with nurses as I laid there with my trousers down
Thanks for the laugh :):)

Legohead

Banned
Thanks for the laugh :):)
Just goes to show what you thought about patients then. Tells me all I need to know about you. ;) You weren't even a nurse anyway. :LOL:

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Unbelievable Jeff!

geoffwp

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Unbelievable Jeff!
It's 'Geoff' actually please. 😊