• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Before you start bemoaning the rules, you should at least be a bit more consistent yourself, Lego.

Your opinion, other than sack them all or take legal action, is all over the place.
In line with the Govt rules. It's a full-time job just keeping up with them.

IndoMike

My missus has just introduced a 5:metre social distancing for me. ......🙄

tavyred

My missus has just introduced a 5:metre social distancing for me. ......🙄
Are you suffering from windy-pops Indo? 💨😱

IndoMike

Are you suffering from windy-pops Indo? 💨😱
Nope. She's p*ssed off with me spending too much time replying to your posts 😆😉

Sidey's back

Who is this Sidey anyway? Just seems like a total loser coming onto a forum to post snide remarks in order to fulfil a wasted life. Err sorry. 50 years working for the NHS apparently. Jesus. Some people. Tragic. Ignore is on for me now as i haven't got time for that pointless sh*t.
Loving the irony. :) :)

Antony Moxey

It's ridiculous that in 5 weeks kids will be going to school and mixing with hundreds of other kids and that is deemed ok. So why not now?
That is about as stupid an argument as you can get. In ten years time I'd imagine this will be all over and we'll be back to a completely normal life. If it's OK to carry on as normal with no restrictions in ten years' time then why not now?

Alistair20000

Before you start bemoaning the rules, you should at least be a bit more consistent yourself, Lego.

Your opinion, other than sack them all or take legal action, is all over the place.
Hardly surprising when government policy is all over the place

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hardly surprising when government policy is all over the place
We used to talk about joined up government, which included joined up thinking. Policies would be looked at across departments and Ministers would be briefed accordingly. I don't feel this is happening, maybe the SPADs have too much power and don't really understand how government actually works.

Alistair20000

Live your life, Keep your distance, Wash your hands still strikes me as sensible advice to avoid catching and spreading this thing but there you go.
Absolutely right but that would stop the army of experts from pontificating, panic stricken ministers making knee jerk reactions in the desire to be seen to be “tackling the problem” and armies of micromanaging bureaucrats drafting complicated rules

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Steamed up glasses update. Monday night was a nightmare as I worked in the chilled section. Glasses fogged up horrendously. I took to taking them off at times and then couldn't find them again. :mad: Anyway enough is enough I thought, so did some research and found someone on Amazon offering microfibre cloths, they're not cheap but are supposed to be able to be used loads of times. Anyway got to try it out yesterday morning on a half day shift. They worked! No misting of my spectacles. A number of colleagues also tried them and also reported success.

:)