• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

Oh dear. Once again you cannot support your argument.. I strongly recommend you read through your posts before firing them off.
No good accusing others when it can be proven you do the same thing. Easy peasy.

tavyred

So you would think the Tory Govt during the last 10 years would have done something about it, wouldn't you?
Isn't that a fair conclusion to make? Yes or no?
That would be an unequivocal no.
The sort of systemic failings we have seen these last few months have taken decades to engineer and encompass all the parties. Look past your anti-Tory bias for one moment Indo. It’s taken a pandemic and our reaction to it to highlight what some of us have known for 30 years. You can’t do public services on the cheap.

Alistair20000

Oh dear. Once again you cannot support your argument.. I strongly recommend you read through your posts before firing them off.
No good accusing others when it can be proven you do the same thing. Easy peasy.
Of dear.

More balderdash.

The sort of systemic failings we have seen these last few months have taken decades to engineer and encompass all the parties. Look past your anti-Tory bias for one moment Indo. It’s taken a pandemic and our reaction to it to highlight what some of us have known for 30 years. You can’t do public services on the cheap.
Very true, and as such I find it interesting that you are (at this time) in support of a party who have been at the forefront of this systematic and ideological destruction of our public services for that time. This influence was also seen in the policies and actions of 'New' Labour in the 90s and 00s who followed Tory-not-very-lite policies so as not to frighten the horses and appease the right wing rags who really run this country, and who have done for the thick end of 40 years.

What really grinds my gears with so much of what is going on at present (Covid response, exam fiasco, pumping of uncosted money into the system via support schemes etc) would be getting absolutely pilloried left right and centre by the rags if it was being enacted by a Labour government, whether the hapless Corbyn, Starmer or Uncle Tom Cobley. This whole 'Tories are competent' schtick has been well and truly found out - but still people have and will vote for them in their millions; Tavy will point this out and rightly so - but why, I haven't the faintest idea.

Mr Jinx

What really grinds my gears with so much of what is going on at present (Covid response, exam fiasco, pumping of uncosted money into the system via support schemes etc) would be getting absolutely pilloried left right and centre by the rags if it was being enacted by a Labour government, whether the hapless Corbyn, Starmer or Uncle Tom Cobley. This whole 'Tories are competent' schtick has been well and truly found out - but still people have and will vote for them in their millions; Tavy will point this out and rightly so - but why, I haven't the faintest idea.
yes. With all that's gone on and going on, the Tories are still 8% ahead in the polls. And that might be as good as it gets for Labour. Red Wall voters are not going to go running back to the red corner whilst an arch Remainer on one knee is at the helm.

elginCity

Spot on. (Edit: Ref the GtW post - not Jinx's myopic nonsense)

Murdoch shifted his support from the Tories to 'New' Labour, and the rest is history. Cue Stuffers.

Last edited:

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
With who or what?
I don’t see a viable alternative TBH.
This is way bigger than incompetent Ministers or even civil servants IMO.
This whole crisis has laid bare systemic weaknesses in the way our country functions (or doesn’t). I’ve seen a couple stories over the weekend about how there is anger amongst backbench MP’s about the general performance of the State, the apparent demise of PHE seems to be the opening salvo of the inevitable blame game that’s going to part dominate our politics for the next year or two.
As a public servant for 32 years my whole service was defined by the political class, under the guise of ‘reform’ cutting costs by making the job I was trying to perform a bit more cheap and nasty. I’m personally not surprised that in the face of a global health emergency, our country was in a lot of areas found wanting.
A full public enquiry is crucial.
Agree it is way bigger and systemic but it beggars belief that the Greeks can devise a simple coordinated system of arrival airport checks and paperwork, and we can't.

Not meant in anyway disrespectfully to the Greeks but their public finances are screwed, they really are under the thumb of austerity and their approach to paying taxes is a little more optional than in the UK.

IndoMike

😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

What's the point of having a Govt if they can't solve any problems and just blame "the past".? That is dereliction of duty.
They've had 10 years to sort it out.
A whole string of Tory failures and you blame the past. 😅😅😅😅😅

It's not a Govt : it's a pantomime, starring Boris Johnson with his trousers down to his knees. I can't be bothered to get angry any more. I'm just having a laugh at them. Hope I can get the Spitting Image shows

What's next in this farce? Already had these episodes :

Lockdown screwed up ✓
PPE screwed up ✓
World beating test and trace (didn't even start( ✓
Economy farked worse than any other country in the world ✓
Specsaver Durham.trips ✓
Surreal Cummings lie- fest in no 10 garden ✓
Wrong deadlines for quarantine ✓
Exam results screwed up ✓
Brexit to be screwed up ✓

By the way, after his holidays in Mustique and Chevening our Boris is orf to Scotland for his next well-deserved rest (...he's been working day and night to screw up.the country), so please don't bother him.

😅 You gotta laugh.

IndoMike

Can't get over the latest ruse from Tavers, supported by Red. They've suddenly had a brainwave. Unable to defend this totally incompetent Giivt, they've suddenly come up with a new one : Let's blame the "PAST".
It was all the "PAST'"s fault !!
This is a dramatic turn of events. We all thought the incredibly long list of fark ups over the last 10 years was due to the Govt, which happened to be Conservative
But no! We were wrong!! It was the "PAST's fault. (Of course the definition of the PAST
us pre- Cameron).
Systemic errors from the PAST. Why didn't Tavy think of this one 5 months' ago?
So, we are all absolved of all our mistakes over the last 10 years. If your boss blames you for poor performance in the office, blame the PAST ! It's sure to work😅😅😅

Sidey's back

Calm down dear. Your blood pressure is on the rise again.