• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
DIVERSION ALERT !
Because we are all French and live in France, let's talk about France. .
The point being that it is not just the UK that is struggling with this Covid thing and "farking up" as you like to put it.

IndoMike

I'm not sure I have a hero but I think what he, and many others are saying, is that wider issues than just raw 'number of cases' should be looked at, the dramatic differential in risks from Covid depending on age and general health should be factored into the restrictions on the public rather than the blunt instruments being randomly deployed and that other health issues should stop being completely sidelined.

All of which seems to me very sensible.
I agree that the most vulnerable should be shielded AND supported - not just left to their own devices.
I agree that areas should be locked down if there is clearly a dramatic rise in cases within that area.
I agree that heavy fines should be given to those who break justifiable lockdown rules without a rational reason to do so ..

Caveats
Most human beings need to feel.a sense of security and certainty. On - off - off - on
doesn't provide that. In addition, humans are creatures of habit. Their habitual way of life is being disrupted which can lead to many negative impacts. Also, when we are obliged to make sacrifices to face a common enemy we need to feel that there is a positive result. It seems no matter what we do there is no positive result, i.e all our sacrifices come to nothing.

Alistair20000

Surely there must a Tory politician that the nation trusts who could speak unto the people tonight? There is a clear message that needs to be got across, and there is no one to deliver it.
Bring back Bill Hague

Alistair20000

Honest enough story I think, Lisa Nandy apologised on Green’s behalf this morning.
A direct apology from Green would be more appropriate but perhaps Sir K should just give her the The Elbow

DB9

Bring back Bill Hague
Ruth Davidson would be my choice, I know she was North of the Border but she has always come across as a person who knows her stuff.

IndoMike

The point being that it is not just the UK that is struggling with this Covid thing and "farking up" as you like to put it.
Yes. I know that. I was just in the mood to wind you up. But....if we hear that constant drivel from Borisse about "world - beating " test and tracing and "world- beating" health service etc etc we have a right to expect it.
Unfortunately what we don't have is a world - beating government.

tavyred

A direct apology from Green would be more appropriate but perhaps Sir K should just give her the The Elbow
Apparently she was, in true politico style absolutely mortified at how her comments had been misconstrued. 😀

LOG

Work from home, again seems to be the advice. If I was a business that had spent thousands on making the office 'covid secure', I'd be fuming.
I'd guess that the people who went back to our head office last Thursday will be home again tomorrow. Still, we almost managed a week.

Oldsmobile-88

Surely there must a Tory politician that the nation trusts who could speak unto the people tonight? There is a clear message that needs to be got across, and there is no one to deliver it.
Bring John Major out of retirement...😁

Mr Jinx

Bring John Major out of retirement...😁
Between Sir John and Sir Kier, the entire nation would be asleep pretty quickly. A good antidote to the blind panic and anxiety I suppose.