• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UKIP Voters!

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
UKIP are brilliant at tapping into peoples fears
...not as good as Davey boy right now. Carswell announces his defection, and the very next day Cameron comes out with his ISIL terror warnings saying we should all be very very afraid.

Watch him now use ebola to his advantage when the next Tory to UKIP defection happens.

DB9

...not as good as Davey boy right now. Carswell announces his defection, and the very next day Cameron comes out with his ISIL terror warnings saying we should all be very very afraid.

Watch him now use ebola to his advantage when the next Tory to UKIP defection happens.
Very true, Fear is a great weapon

tavyred

I love the way the chattering classes are currently trying to do a hatchet job on UKIP and its supporters. Farage has them rattled big time, the shockingly bad so called expose on him by BBC Panorama last night was one of the worst bits of TV journalism I have ever seen. UKIP is the direct manifestation of a political elite who through their politicking pretend to stand for something, but in the end stand for absolutely nothing.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I love the way the chattering classes are currently trying to do a hatchet job on UKIP and its supporters. Farage has them rattled big time, the shockingly bad so called expose on him by BBC Panorama last night was one of the worst bits of TV journalism I have ever seen. UKIP is the direct manifestation of a political elite who through their politicking pretend to stand for something, but in the end stand for absolutely nothing.
Indeed, and what I alluded to very early on in this thread. Instead of dismissing UKIP as a bunch of fruitcakes and closet racists, what the populace should instead be doing is finding out just WHY they are gaining widespread appeal and try to engage with what UKIP are doing right that the rest are doing wrong.

Therefore as alluded to just recently, look at their policies in depth. Make the economic argument, cut through the bluster about "1950s Utopian England" (it never happened), get people back onside. The more the major parties dismiss UKIP as fruitcakes and closet racists, the more people are actually turning on to them.

tavyred

Therefore as alluded to just recently, look at their policies in depth. Make the economic argument, cut through the bluster about "1950s Utopian England" (it never happened), get people back onside.
The problem with that of course is that because the core UKIP policy of withdrawing from the EU is so popular, people are willing to forgive them for being a tad sketchy on the rest. The Libdems have at least been brave enough to proclaim themselves as the party of Europe and will suffer or prosper as a result. When you get Jeremy Hunt proclaiming that there's nothing MP's can do to halt IPSA' s recommended 10% MP's wage increase, yet he steps in to halt the NHS pay review bodies recommended 1% for healthcare workers, getting "people onside" again as you say might be difficult.

DB9

When you get Jeremy Hunt proclaiming that there's nothing MP's can do to halt IPSA' s recommended 10% MP's wage increase, yet he steps in to halt the NHS pay review bodies recommended 1% for healthcare workers, getting "people onside" again as you say might be difficult.
I heard that interview and people wonder why they are so peeved off with Politics and MP's, They just dont live in the real world!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The more the major parties dismiss UKIP as fruitcakes and closet racists, the more people are actually turning on to them.
That certainly seems the case. Just examine today's online Daily Mail and Express and see how the readers give the anti Farage / UKIP stories short shrift. The more LibLabCon try to dish the dirt the more they're derided.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Quote of the day from Clacton - Yes I voted UKIP, because the Tory MP has done nothing for years!! (rofl)

iscalad

UKIP.jpg

Good ol' Nige

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quote of the day from Clacton - Yes I voted UKIP, because the Tory MP has done nothing for years!! (rofl)
HAHAHA!!!! Wish exeweb had a like button