• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

University research on the role of football in response to military conflict

theacademic

Dear all,

Leading up to the Euro tournament in June this year, I am conducting some research looking at fans’ views towards the role of football in response to military conflict. For those interested in this topic, I have created a short survey that should not take up too much of your time: https://doit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9zZmrJfShOSBDDw

Participation is completely voluntary, but I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this topic.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Completed, actually a really interesting questionnaire, well put together and gives pause for thought. I probably spent 25 minutes completing it but that’s because it made me think. Hope the research goes well.

cannockred

A little one sided to me, far to much regarding gaza, with no involvement with other wars and conflicts around the world

Antony Moxey

A little one sided to me, far to much regarding gaza, with no involvement with other wars and conflicts around the world
Well Gaza and Ukraine are both mentioned, and they’re the two closest and most prominent global conflicts. Thought there should have been an additional option in the question about the anti war protestor resigning because of Starmer’s support of Israel. Yes/No doesn’t cover it I think, because from the quote in the question - do you agree - it’s clear the protestor isn’t anti war but anti Israel. There should have been a ‘neither’ option.

iscalad

Sadly sport and politics have been intertwined for a very long time. 1936 Olympics and more recently 1972 Olympics and a lot of Olympics afterwards. Football on the whole has managed to keep a little distavnce from politics but it is now slowly creeping in.

theacademic

Many thanks to those who have completed the survey. It is still live if anyone has a spare few minutes to share their thoughts.

theacademic

Last shout to see if anyone has a spare few minutes to help me out with this research project.