• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Was Norrie Stewart

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
A Sunday Times article dated 6/1/2008 reports that Norrie was part of a 4 member Management Buyout Team. (MBO) and £28 million was borrowed to fund it. Highly leveraged. Norrie is described as having 25 years experience at director level with Sears Etam and Internacionale. The article indicates that Norrie and two other members of the MBO were "ousted" in November 2007.

A further article in Herald Scotland dated 23 April 2008 quotes the previous owner Ken Cairnduff. He said it was a good business when he sold it and it was a shame it fell apart so quickly. There is reference to strategic mistakes and "the management team's flaws were exposed when the retail environment became tougher."

One must be cautious about drawing conclusions but the fact is a profitable business turned to rat very quickly. Norrie either jumped or was pushed before the group went into administration. Perhaps he was pushed unfairly but clearly the business was not performing anywhere close to his optimistic comments just a few months previously.

Perhaps Norrie should make a statement advising us of his business skills and how they can be utilised to advantage by the Club He might also give us his account of the Ossian debacle. At the same time he could tell us what he is being paid.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Neither do I see it as a problem - I was merely responding to Alistair's question
Thank you for the information O-C.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Since then, our families have gone on holiday together..."

So Tis knows Perdy from Emmerdale too then.

Who says he doesn't have contacts!
Perdy was at Wembley first time around with the kids, eating strawberries - how the other 'alf live, eh?!

Andy Beer has the pictures to prove it!

iscalad

Perhaps Norrie should make a statement advising us of his business skills and how they can be utilised to advantage by the Club .
He made the Organogram....do keep up :)

LOG

A Sunday Times article dated 6/1/2008 reports that Norrie was part of a 4 member Management Buyout Team. (MBO) and £28 million was borrowed to fund it. Highly leveraged. Norrie is described as having 25 years experience at director level with Sears Etam and Internacionale. The article indicates that Norrie and two other members of the MBO were "ousted" in November 2007.

A further article in Herald Scotland dated 23 April 2008 quotes the previous owner Ken Cairnduff. He said it was a good business when he sold it and it was a shame it fell apart so quickly. There is reference to strategic mistakes and "the management team's flaws were exposed when the retail environment became tougher."

One must be cautious about drawing conclusions but the fact is a profitable business turned to rat very quickly. Norrie either jumped or was pushed before the group went into administration. Perhaps he was pushed unfairly but clearly the business was not performing anywhere close to his optimistic comments just a few months previously.

Perhaps Norrie should make a statement advising us of his business skills and how they can be utilised to advantage by the Club He might also give us his account of the Ossian debacle. At the same time he could tell us what he is being paid.
I was reading the same articles earlier. As you say, we shouldn't jump to conclusions but they hardly inspire confidence.

To really rub it in, after Norrie left Ossian, David Brock, a former director of MFI, took over as non executive chairman.

Alistair20000

He made the Organogram....do keep up :)
You will need to help me keep up please. How does this help in analysing his ability to deliver value for us on a cost efficient basis ?

Boston Red

Take a look at this...

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/retailing/article5955698.ece

I reckon the author may have taken a few 'journalistic liberties' but it's interesting stuff all the same.
Did this article do the rounds before? I must have totally missed it, but it's an interesting read and gives some insight into Tis' methods. He's not really anything like a 'normal' football manager is he? No wonder fans have such a hard time identifying with him.

iscalad

You will need to help me keep up please. How does this help in analysing his ability to deliver value for us on a cost efficient basis ?
I was answering this question from you.
"business skills and how they can be utilised to advantage by the Club ."

As far as I'm aware the Organogram is the only tangible result of an advantage to the club.

Alistair20000

Ray Kelvin is Ted Baker
As Tis and Ray Kelvin seem to have a bit of a scene together is there any chance of Mr Kelvin becoming our Mr Abramovitch assuming Spurs is too big a morsel for him ?

wemissmoxey

As Tis and Ray Kelvin seem to have a bit of a scene together is there any chance of Mr Kelvin becoming our Mr Abramovitch assuming Spurs is too big a morsel for him ?
doubt it, unless you love a club etc (and he is not a City fan) why would you bother, he's not going to see much ROI is he