• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC 2018 - Russia

ecfc70

The mighty Harry Kane will boot them out.
I am thinking he won't have to just yet, I think we will be 2nd in our group as best, the same as the Germans so we should avoid them until the semi or final IIRC

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you mind if I decline?
Saved by the bell! :)

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I am thinking he won't have to just yet, I think we will be 2nd in our group as best, the same as the Germans so we should avoid them until the semi or final IIRC
Loads of different possibilities yet, but winning the group could mean Brazil or Germany in the quarter finals whereas second place could mean Mexico or Switzerland in the last eight if games go to form. Hopefully we will be through after tomorrow and we need to test ourselves by trying to beat the Belgians, but it will be a little strange knowing the rest of the last 16 before we play therefore maybe going into the game with the possibility of second place meaning a possibly more preferable route.

Spoonz Red E

Yet again it happens. Boateng pulls a Swedish player back in the box, then pushes him over. No VAR review.

IndoMike

Yet again it happens. Boateng pulls a Swedish player back in the box, then pushes him over. No VAR review.
It's really annoying and shows how weak FIFA and the Referees Association is. They should make a clear announcement now that grappling in the penalty area will be subject to a direct red card and that FIFA will support any such sanctions wholly.

IndoMike

Loads of different possibilities yet, but winning the group could mean Brazil or Germany in the quarter finals whereas second place could mean Mexico or Switzerland in the last eight if games go to form. Hopefully we will be through after tomorrow and we need to test ourselves by trying to beat the Belgians, but it will be a little strange knowing the rest of the last 16 before we play therefore maybe going into the game with the possibility of second place meaning a possibly more preferable route.
I'm not especially afraid of the Brazilians, Richard, and Germany's defense is not great. I hope Southgate will give Vardy a game when the opposition is likely to dominate possession and we can quickly counter-attack.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I'm not especially afraid of the Brazilians, Richard, and Germany's defense is not great. I hope Southgate will give Vardy a game when the opposition is likely to dominate possession and we can quickly counter-attack.
The likes of Mexico Switzerland etc wouldn't be easy games , I just think the Germans and Brazil tend to know how to win knockout football. If we got to a quarter final against another side not used to reaching tournament finals then it might give us a better chance. In the knockouts we haven't ever beaten a side with pedigree although first time for everything I guess.

IndoMike

The likes of Mexico Switzerland etc wouldn't be easy games , I just think the Germans and Brazil tend to know how to win knockout football. If we got to a quarter final against another side not used to reaching tournament finals then it might give us a better chance. In the knockouts we haven't ever beaten a side with pedigree although first time for everything I guess.
I do think that the Germans will get stronger. Brazil I think are nothing special. Neymar totally overrated - probably got a good agent...:)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never saw THIS coming !

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great goal from Lynn Guard.