• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Kevin McDonald (and Cheerio)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nothing to suggest Archie is leaving more than any other player, and I'm sure if Macdonald is happy in this part of the world he'll sign a new deal.
I would love to keep McDonald beyond this season, but 6 months to get some football and show the footballing world you're still capable and get something more lucrative close to home. I pray here and now we retain him for next season, but fear this is him regaining fitness and hoping to earn something more next season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would love to keep McDonald beyond this season, but 6 months to get some football and show the footballing world you're still capable and get something more lucrative close to home. I pray here and now we retain him for next season, but fear this is him regaining fitness and hoping to earn something more next season.
I'm not so sure. The interviews when we signed him suggested he had opportunities elsewhere but chose City over them. He's also just had a kid. I think he'll be here.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not so sure. The interviews when we signed him suggested he had opportunities elsewhere but chose City over them. He's also just had a kid. I think he'll be here.
I hope so. Depends. to commit to next season, you would think he would commit to moving down here (I don't know where he is based at the moment admittedly). We shall see. I want him here next season. It also depends on what the other offers where, Maybe we where the only league one side willing to commit etc. and he wanted six months at the highest level offered. Whatever way, He is class and I want him here next season.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we might be what Brentford was to Eriksen, a chance to show he's physically capable before going on to something better that his ability clearly shows. However, the one thing that is in our advantage with Big Kev being 34.

Grecian Max

McDonald is our league one Rob Edwards (as in being far too good but older) and will stay

Rosencrantz

McDonald is our league one Rob Edwards (as in being far too good but older) and will stay
I'd go a bit further back and say Paul Birch. Possibly a bit before your time Max, I'm not sure.

Colesman Ballz

Wasn't the kid born in Scotland, suggesting his family may be based there ? Having said that wasn't he training at Fulham prior to coming here ?

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I'd go a bit further back and say Paul Birch. Possibly a bit before your time Max, I'm not sure.
Paul Birch......what a player in a very average team!

Grecian Max

Right at the beginning of my time supporting city so remember him pretty well - but let’s be honest at 10 years old I had no clue what was actually happening on the pitch 😅

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or going even further back; Russell Coughlin - someone who, like Paul Birch, also died far too young.