• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Kevin McDonald (and Cheerio)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Right at the beginning of my time supporting city so remember him pretty well - but let’s be honest at 10 years old I had no clue what was actually happening on the pitch 😅
And....... ;)

Colesman Ballz

Right at the beginning of my time supporting city so remember him pretty well - but let’s be honest at 10 years old I had no clue what was actually happening on the pitch 😅
Snap ! Like you my first game was at the age of ten. I was taken as a treat by a kindly aunt and both of us left SJP thinking that City had won 3-2, not realising that one City "goal" had been disallowed ! :p

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or going even further back; Russell Coughlin - someone who, like Paul Birch, also died far too young.
Blimey, my memory of Coughlin is someone who couldn’t run and was, at best, a give and go merchant. Maybe I’m doing him a disservice as it was during a really poor time for us.

Birch was classy. Remember a chipped goal he scored at home against (I think) Orient.

For me McDonald looks incredible so far and also reminds me of Noble, but he seems to be more effective in the final third than Nobes.

Rosencrantz

Or going even further back; Russell Coughlin - someone who, like Paul Birch, also died far too young.
Coughlin was a good player but Birch was a cut above.

Red Devon

Hopefully try and sort a deal out for McDonald next season pretty quickly…the longer we leave it the more attention he’s likely to attract judged on performances so far.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
McDonald is our league one Rob Edwards (as in being far too good but older) and will stay
I like this for 2 reasons. Firstly I loved Rob Edwards me and the comparison seems a good one, following this, logically, means a winning goal in the playoff final next season for McDonald.

I personally though feel McDonald will get a better offer for next season. But, if we get in early enough and maybe offer him the captains armband :sneaky: ;) You never know. Of all of our signings, He seems a cut above and a very classy player.

grecIAN Harris

I like this for 2 reasons. Firstly I loved Rob Edwards me and the comparison seems a good one, following this, logically, means a winning goal in the playoff final next season for McDonald.

I personally though feel McDonald will get a better offer for next season. But, if we get in early enough and maybe offer him the captains armband :sneaky: ;) You never know. Of all of our signings, He seems a cut above and a very classy player.
Rob Edwards isn't even in the same stratosphere as MacDonald in terms of ability and awareness. What Edwards is comparable is the sense of calm he played the position, beyond that both you and Max are barking up the wrong tree.

And Kev signs for next season, we get promoted via the play offs, GC becomes Chelsea's new manager( for a short time in probably) and Kev takes the reins at SJP: and then I woke up.

tom_ecfc

McDonald is our league one Rob Edwards (as in being far too good but older) and will stay
With his family still in Scotland, I could see him edging back north come the 2023/24 season.

Rosencrantz

With his family still in Scotland, I could see him edging back north come the 2023/24 season.
You are not going to uproot your family that kind of distance for a six month contract. I get the feeling Kev is perhaps proving to himself as much as everyone else that he can still play at this level. I don't think there is anything else to really look into the situation. What ever happens hopefully both the club and Kev get positive outcomes out of it.