• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes it would be nice to focus on that. Other threads available for general Covid and political discussions.
Fair point. That said, given we now know the answer to the question posed by this thread [assuming Exeter isn’t in Tier 3], there ain’t a whole lot more to say.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair point. That said, given we now know the answer to the question posed by this thread [assuming Exeter isn’t in Tier 3], there ain’t a whole lot more to say.
We are going to be tier 2 in Devon. Very few counties will be tier 1. Hopefully this allows us to have some fans back.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are going to be tier 2 in Devon. Very few counties will be tier 1. Hopefully this allows us to have some fans back.
Yes seems that way, 2,000 max capacity doesnt make much difference for us either way given the distancing needed at either level

Andy Holloway

To be clear, this is from a pal of mine who's a consultant at a hospital in Liverpool so I'm not suggesting the situation is the same here, but that it ought to provide food for thought:

"I barely remember a winter the Liverpool hospitals weren’t overrun but usually December to January (except Xmas when there’s less routine work) but this is certainly a little earlier than usual. About a quarter of the acute beds between the main two hospitals in Liverpool are occupied by Covid patients (albeit many, but not all, are the frail elderly you might expect to see admitted later in winter anyway). Those still in acute roles may see it differently but both main hospitals have suspended all but urgent and cancer surgery and I’d never seen that in October before. Worse still, about a third of beds taken by Covid +ve patients at the moment."

And this is from another pal, who's a consultant in Manchester:

"Manchester has pretty much stopped all planned non cancer surgery across the board because of a lack of beds. That occasionally happens in one hospital for a day or two, but this is currently 3 out of 5 of the big hospitals and they’ve been that way for a week now. In the 15yrs I’ve been in Manchester we’ve never come anywhere close to this and it’s getting worse.

"We’re a cancer only site and we’re now only able to operate on urgent cases, not the ones that can wait. This has never happened before."
I presume you don't t need to watch Casualty or Holby City with 'pals' like that!

Last edited:

Ash

I think it's overly prescriptive.

If you're not comfortable with being less than 2m from someone just don't go to the game.

Last time I went to the supermarket it was absolutely rammed and at one point I could have touched at least 5 complete strangers without even moving. Had to move away because they clearly didn't give a damn about social distancing. That's the state of every day activities indoors so I think it's bonkers to be so prescriptive about outdoor activities, even if it's non essential.

If you are worried about covid, don't attend non-essential social activities like football. Simples.
Sounds simple, but whether people feel comfortable in the ground or not won't affect the pressure on the NHS and available hospital beds. Hence why it has to be prescriptive.

Ash

Yes seems that way, 2,000 max capacity doesnt make much difference for us either way given the distancing needed at either level
Exactly. 2000 give or take is probably all we could manage under the current guidelines anyway. That's probably around 700-800 non season ticket holders. Perhaps around £10k per match. Plus spending on food, beer, programmes etc. We should be able to make a little bit of profit on that even with all the costs of actually opening up the ground.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I presume you don't t need to watch Casualty or Holby City with 'pals' like that!
Not quite sure why you've felt the need to put pals in inverted commas.

chunkymorrinmunter

Spot on

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes. Tier 2. Only Cornwall, Scilly and the Isle of Wight in Tier one. Lots of places like Kent and Bristol in tier three

Boyo

Yes. Tier 2. Only Cornwall, Scilly and the Isle of Wight in Tier one. Lots of places like Kent and Bristol in tier three
Argyle are therefore the only Club in the country to be allowed 4,000 fans. W@nkers.

Reactions: GJW
Status
Not open for further replies.