• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What was the last pub you visited...

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Twisted Oak - Ide - Do it (y)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reasons ?

Colesman Ballz

Reasons ?
🎵 To be cheerful 🎵 ? :unsure:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ginsters End (aka Wetherspoons Britannia) & got out alive !
UTC

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nah - skip it - Poachers every time.

Oldsmobile-88

Nah - skip it - Poachers every time.
A favourite in the early 1980s during lunchtimes. A good pool table plus crucially a car park around the back so the vans could not be seen from the road 😎

Colesman Ballz

A favourite in the early 1980s during lunchtimes. A good pool table plus crucially a car park around the back so the vans could not be seen from the road 😎
Reminds me of schooldays when I used to enrol as a temporary postman in the Christmas holidays. One year I was allocated to parcel van deliveries from a base in Commercial Road. We would do our round twice a day, morning and afternoon. Come Saturday there was City home match, but my postie being a fan had it sussed. We did both rounds in the morning, and as you couldn't leave a Royal Mail van parked unattended on the street without attracting police attention, the van was duly parked up in the carpark of the Bedford St sorting office whilst we attended the match. Afterwards is was back to Bedford St, to listen to the footy results, collect the van, and off back to Commercial Road, clocking up an hours overtime In the process !

Oldsmobile-88

The Old Forge pub at Inverie is now open again following refurbishment after a community buy out from its private owner last year. Excellent news.

Take the Jacobite Steam Train from Fort William to Mallaig, then a 30 min ferry ride to the hamlet of Inverie. A great day out if you are in the West Highlands.

To quote a elderly lady resident on the remote knoydart peninsula who told me about the then owner a couple of years ago “He’s a bit of a tw@t” 😁

crocks

Not a pub, but me and the wife came down yesterday to look at potentially buying a house in High Bickington. Gorgeous house on a golf course but sadly the economics doesn't work for us. Anyway, I digress. Visited the excellent services on the NDLR just b4 South Molton. Had a sausage baguette which was spot on after driving for 2 hours. Good coffee as well and pretty reasonable prices.

Oldsmobile-88

The Clifton Inn, Newtown on Tuesday pre match.

A great pre match venue to meet up. Under new management.
No Beavertown Neck Oil IPA unfortunately, had Tribute instead which was better for my wallet.