• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wigan v Exeter City Match Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another goal and Wigan might completely drop away.City will have to stay strong over the next 15 minutes.

CraigECFC

Very similar to the Portsmouth game, apart from we now have a proper striker. Our press has been excellent and look dangerous on the break. Think we play some of our best stuff when we don't have the majority of possession. Tactically GC & staff clearly do their homework on how to limit teams, nothing fancy setting up in a 442 but very organized and all know when to press.

Good first half. Wigan rubbish. Tom Carroll is damn awful.
He’s been good. Apart from that free kick at the end. Such a waste with a free hit on half time, Cole should’ve been all over that FFS.

yticretexe

Wigan play a bit like us so it's not a classic 😂

Good to see Eisa have a go from there, massive deflection or not testing the keeper is something we've struggled with
Agree test the keeper but when you’ve got runners either side take the percentage play. Can’t complain though 0-1 is 0-1.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Third away game in a row we've scored in the first half and yet we haven't scored in the first half at home for something like six months.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wigan play a bit like us so it's not a classic 😂
You want to win AND be entertained at the same time ! #greedybarsteward :cool:

Grecian Max

Just a win today is good for me @Colesman Ballz

Just remarking on the non contrasting styles!

grecIAN Harris

It's all about style over substance for Max. ;)

Ex-ciderrr

our chances are shots from distance, and Eisa albeit via a deflection took his - I would say we’ve not created much in the base of the game, however like Tuesday we’ve created our own little bit of luck and we have that vital lead.

We’ve been excellent behind the ball though, frustrating the life out of Wigan who literally are clueless at wanting the ball this 1st half. Their defence are holding and just pondering no on the ball numerous times. (I did think the 2 times we’ve played Wigan already this season they were awful, and we lost both times!)

More of the same please City 2nd half I feel it’s really there for the taking these 3 points!

Grecian Max

It's all about style over substance for Max. ;)
Nah I drive a Skoda

Status
Not open for further replies.