• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Saturday's game at Rotherham be on?

Radio Sheffield just confirmed request for fans to help clear pitch

Rog H K

[y]
Radio Sheffield just confirmed request for fans to help clear pitch
Off you trot then G.P. It's only ooop the road!;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Brentford's game at Bramall Lane postponed on police advice. Hope they don't do that to us.

FAN-TATIC

The maintenance bloke at RUFC has called for volunteers to arrive with shovels and wheelbarrows.. Apparently it's 5 inches of snow.
Call for volunteers now on their OS. Quote "the game will NOT go ahead if we do not get enough volunteers, please come to the stadium immediately."

They'll do it! It's a goer IMO.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Call for volunteers now on their OS. Quote "the game will NOT go ahead if we do not get enough volunteers, please come to the stadium immediately."
I know needs must and all that, but there's something about this that doesn't seem quite right to me. Presumably Rotherham need the game to go ahead to maximise revenue (rather than a rearranged evening game) and avoid a fixture backlog, they've known it's likely to 'smash' it down for days, and yet they seem to be relying entirely on a volunteer workforce summoned up at short notice to clear the pitch - and worse still, implying it will be their own fans' fault now if it doesn't go ahead.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Give Mr Evans a shovel[idea]

FAN-TATIC

Give Mr Evans a shovel[idea]
He doesn't need a shovel, he stirs the **** at ease!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Meanwhile Sheffield Uniteds home game is off.

Am staying in bed for now while waiting...

FAN-TATIC

I know needs must and all that, but there's something about this that doesn't seem quite right to me. Presumably Rotherham need the game to go ahead to maximise revenue (rather than a rearranged evening game) and avoid a fixture backlog, they've known it's likely to 'smash' it down for days, and yet they seem to be relying entirely on a volunteer workforce summoned up at short notice to clear the pitch - and worse still, implying it will be their own fans' fault now if it doesn't go ahead.
May just be a case of making it sound worse than it actually is SG. But I do agree that it's a bit rich implying that the fans will be at fault if it doesn't go ahead.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Games at Port Vale and Burton also now off, unless the snow fall in Yorkshire has been very inconsistent am surprised this isn't off already with Bradford and Sheffield Utd postponed.