• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe Wanderers v Exeter City 5th August, Score Prediction and line up thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we'll be lucky to get something but after yesterday I'm much more confident about getting points at home this season.
I've just looked through the Wycombe squad and can't really see anybody who stands out massively. I would like to see Harry Kite come into the side just to give us a bit more a ball winning influence in the midfield. As technically gifted on the ball as our midfield are there isn't one of them you look at think that they are going to come out of 60/40 challenge against on the right side. To be honest, I think they'd be lucky to come out of a 60/40 challenge for on the right side.

Grecianman135

Streaming this one Cba with Wycombe away again, for some reason I’ve done it 5 times and the trip always bores me

Will take a creditable draw…
At least Ainsworth's not there 🤣👍

budegrecian

At least Ainsworth's not there 🤣👍
Fair chance I’ll make it back to Cornwall the same day as I leave then.

Bridgy 81

I’m hopeless with score predictions so I’ll give that a miss.
But I reckon it’s likely to be the same starting lineup as yesterday, albeit with maybe one tweak.
I think until we sign another RWB we may go with Harry Kite there (if he’s fit) in some of our away/tighter games.
Rankine would get the nod in home/more straightforward matches, especially when we want to go at the opposition more.
We’re also beginning to start to have decisions about who’s on the bench, especially if both Kite and Chieck are available.
Add a couple or three more to the squad and we’ll be in the realms of having high quality selection problems 🙂

denzel

I CBA with this one either but think we will sneak a 1-1. James Scott of course

arthur

I’m hopeless with score predictions so I’ll give that a miss.
But I reckon it’s likely to be the same starting lineup as yesterday, albeit with maybe one tweak.
I think until we sign another RWB we may go with Harry Kite there (if he’s fit) in some of our away/tighter games.
Rankine would get the nod in home/more straightforward matches, especially when we want to go at the opposition more.
We’re also beginning to start to have decisions about who’s on the bench, especially if both Kite and Chieck are available.
Add a couple or three more to the squad and we’ll be in the realms of having high quality selection problems 🙂
You could be right about RWB but I am yet to understand why GC ever considers Harry K for this position. I've never seen him put any sort of a cross in, let alone a good one. Very reliable cover at RCB though...

Bridgy 81

You could be right about RWB but I am yet to understand why GC ever considers Harry K for this position. I've never seen him put any sort of a cross in, let alone a good one. Very reliable cover at RCB though...
I don’t think Harry would be considered there if we had a full complement in that position.
But as things currently stand we don’t.
I think if we needed to be defensively more solid on occasions Harry would have those attributes, plus he has the energy to get up and down the line.
I take your point about whether he has a good delivery from out there, but as someone else on here said Harry could be deployed a bit like how Liverpool used James Milner on occasions.
And before anyone says it, I know Liverpool don’t play with wingbacks.

Exehausted

Gary was asked at the fans forum about Harry at RWB and he gave an interesting answer. He said he felt Harry can do an excellent job there but that we can't expect him to be as far forward as Demi. He also said that if needed in certain games we might push Mitchell really forward and deliberately leave Harry further back. When giving his presentation about tactics, and how we set up differently for different teams, he said Harry was able to play different roles very well. I know a lot of people say we have no plan B, but it sounded like we had plans C and D as well. We just can't always see it!

arthur

So Kite could be a right back, but not a right wing back. That does make some sort of sense and ties in with what Bridgy said about Milner..

Exehausted

So Kite could be a right back, but not a right wing back. That does make some sort of sense and ties in with what Bridgy said about Milner..
Not wanting to split hairs, but a defensive RWB, not an attacking one. I would always expect him to be in front of the three CBs from what Gary said.