• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe Wanderers v Exeter City Match-day Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do believe that is what you call 'off to a flyer' and but for a poor Nombe penalty this game would be all over. Everything we looked at Plainbore, we are the polar opposite. Wycombe haven't had a sniff and we look a dangerous threat every time we go forward. Keep this going and we will score more in the second half.

Rosencrantz

Tom Carroll is running this show, ably supported by Trevitt and Aitchison. Knows when to keep it and take the sting out of the game and when it's on, we have loads of pace going forward as well.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
BBC showing us as top of the table.

denzel

Maybe Wycombe analysed the Torquay game 😆.

Good to hear that Vinnie has done well since coming on, not good to hear about Demitri going off but shouldn't affect us too much.

Sounding like players are popping up all over the pitch - total football??

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A really encouraging half. Trevitt and Carroll look very neat and tidy in possession, we've had majority of possession and Wycombe appear happy to let us have the ball at the back. Nombe has been excellent despite the penalty miss and has run his nuts off, and our keeper has had feck all to do other than calmly trotting around his area with the ball at his feet soaking up a bit of time. A 9/10 performance so far. Wycombe look a little off the pace and certainly not like the Wycombe of old.

Episkyros

Really tidy football going forward, which is especially impressive given how new the squad is. Pre-season clearly worked and I'm more relaxed about newer players making the step up to League One football.

Also brilliant to see so many players in the officials ear. I saw all the back three & Carroll pointing things out.

Shame about Nombe's penalty miss. I also thought at moments the defence looked a little rusty. More to come there I think! Can tell Jules hadn't had the benefit of the full pre-season.

Radio Free Skaro

Tom Carroll is running this show, ably supported by Trevitt and Aitchison. Knows when to keep it and take the sting out of the game and when it's on, we have loads of pace going forward as well.
Carroll is class, but we need to make sure we're not overly reliant on one player.

Copernicus

Just to p**s on everyone's chips, it's 35.c plus here in Cyprus and I'm dreaming of some of this rain you've got back home.
Pah, positively chilly, 46.c here in Bahrain.

Bridgy 81

Sounds like Sweenz is having a good game.
Give him another extension until 2028.

Gilbert

… You've got to hold and give
But do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast
But you must get to the line...