• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe Wanderers vs Exeter City official matchday thread!

ECFC_George

90+12 Penalty, Really?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Expletive,expletive, expletive.:mad:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Cruel finish - but waiting 70 minutes to open up the game & apply some pressure says all you need to know about the season

eurogrecian

Sounds like we gave it everything we could, but didn't get a break.
Still might be surprise left in the season yet. Nobody above us showing much form.

Why was there so much injury time?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh well...For some reason I don't feel too upset about it, not sure why.

On another day we would have won that as sounded like we played some great stuff. Shame we can't defend as we'd be in the autos if we could!

Season over now. We need to weed out the deadwood. Get rid of Woodman, Butterfield, Davies, Morrison, Oakley etc. We need younger blood. Expect at least three of those players will get a contract, sadly.

GrecianWonder

I hope Wycombe go up so we don't have to play them again. Disgusting, horrible team. Ref was a joke yet again. 2 penalty shouts not given, one blatant foul on Nicholls. I am so done with this crap time and time again.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hard luck City, nevermind, you did all you could.

Didn't deserve that.
Totally agree but what a harsh decision that point may well have kept us in the hunt with Argyle only drawing at home. Now 3 points adrift of Argyle. I honestly do not see Newport or Luton making it. We could still catch Argyle but we will need to win our last three games and Argyle would need drop 4 points from their last 3 games not impossible but highly unlikely.

13 minutes! Unlucky for some! Did the ref have a grand on WW winning and decided to play 'sudden death'? ;):D

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cruel finish - but waiting 70 minutes to open up the game & apply some pressure says all you need to know about the season
It's been the case for years, though, not just this season. 60 minutes we make 2 subs when chasing the game. It's predictable and will continue while Tisdale is here