• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately that's how the RF works as an entity, When one Monarch passes the succession line goes into motion, The Current Monarch, Charles III doles out the titles from RF members that pass onto the next generation or siblings, It's seems so archaic but that's what we've chosen and the polls don't lie, Most support the RF. To see Edward (DoE) in any military Colonel in Chief role is not right imo, Because he's never served or even passed the training when he was in the Marines.

elginCity

Didn't The Queen (ERII) give her blessing around the time of Platty Jubes for Camilla to be referred to as Queen Consort? Bit like some Prime Ministers, eg John Major or Gordon Brown, after a long 'reigning' one, when they're referred to as PM, the initial thought is "that's not the Prime Minister!"
Don’t know, Tim. Believe it was Charlie’s decision to drop the ‘consort’ qualifier, but could be wrong.

DB9

Don’t know, Tim. Believe it was Charlie’s decision to drop the ‘consort’ qualifier, but could be wrong.
Think it was, Virtually as soon as he became King, In other words "I'm top dog now, I dish out the titles" etc.

Andy_H

Unfortunately that's how the RF works as an entity, When one Monarch passes the succession line goes into motion, The Current Monarch, Charles III doles out the titles from RF members that pass onto the next generation or siblings, It's seems so archaic but that's what we've chosen and the polls don't lie, Most support the RF. To see Edward (DoE) in any military Colonel in Chief role is not right imo, Because he's never served or even passed the training when he was in the Marines.
If you don't know what happend when he was an RM Young Officer, which i doubt you do, then i suggest you refraid from any comment reference it. Along with his elder sister he is one of the hardest working members of the Royal Family. If you want to see proper 'nepatism' then you only have to look across the Atlantic to see how totally corrupt and useless the 'elected' leader system is, a quick glance North East will also show you how Mr Putin's 'legitimate' elections was.

DB9

If you don't know what happend when he was an RM Young Officer, which i doubt you do, then i suggest you refraid from any comment reference it. Along with his elder sister he is one of the hardest working members of the Royal Family. If you want to see proper 'nepatism' then you only have to look across the Atlantic to see how totally corrupt and useless the 'elected' leader system is, a quick glance North East will also show you how Mr Putin's 'legitimate' elections was.
It's my opinion which I'm entitled to. He maybe a hard working royal now but back then it was quite the story, Pray tell what has the US and Russia's elections have to do with this subject? Absolutely nothing. Please re-read what I've written, I never used the word "Nepatism" I used succession which I think is the right term.