• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay? Topic No. 588929050506960606

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, but I will admit I spent the last few months looking into how much it would cost to get the "In Tis we Trust" taken off my arse.*
There's a line there wating to be delivered. Where's Manc when you need him.

LOG

This is a subject which keeps me awake at night because i can never make up my mind.

I'm not a blanket yay or nay, each case needs to be assessed on its own merits. Size, location and design are all as important as each other. So long as it's within my tastefulness tolerances, then it's ok.

Different rules most certainly apply for men and women. For instance, i wouldn't expect to see a woman with a standalone tattoo on her forearm. Equally, i wouldn't expect a man to have one at the base of his back or on his foot.

I don't really understand why people have tattoos. If it's some random design, then why bother? If it's something meaningful to you, then i can't equate that with having it painted on your body. What's the point having a tattoo if you don't want people to see it and what's the point in showing it off if it doesn't mean anything to anyone else?

Mackster

No, but I will admit I spent the last few months looking into how much it would cost to get the "In Tis we Trust" taken off my arse.*
I would have recommended that you slip in a couple of "H"'s, thereby you would have "In This we Thrust". Far cheaper, no unsightly scar and guaranteed to raise a chuckle with him indoors everytime. ;)

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a line there wating to be delivered. Where's Manc when you need him.
Looks like Mackster's replaced manc and scored. Assist to Fever. :) Not sure about the "we" bit though. :-O

Anyway, back on topic ..... it's the permanance I have an issue with. How could you ever know that you won't regret it? A friend of mine is spending a fortune removing her once loved tats.

Last edited:

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
I would have recommended that you slip in a couple of "H"'s, thereby you would have "In This we Thrust". Far cheaper, no unsightly scar and guaranteed to raise a chuckle with him indoors everytime. ;)
be a pisser if you bent over in the street to do up your shoelaces and accidentally exposed it though...........

LOG

Anyway, back on topic ..... it's the permanance I have an issue with. How could you ever know that you won't regret it? A friend of mine is spending a fortune removing her once loved tats.
A friend of mine decided it was a good idea to do his own tattoos. You have never seen anything like it. He had to spend a fortune on getting proper ones done to cover them up and now has massive tats on both arms that he never wanted.

LammieLammieLammie

Didn't know you were mates with David Noble, Log?

LOG

Didn't know you were mates with David Noble, Log?
Yeah, he even copied my haircut a few weeks back.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Those with tattoos coudn't give a flying *** about those without... however those without tattoos........

& NO I don't have a tattoo

Each to their own!!

Red the Paper

Banned
Who is the City female fan in the Flybe with the ECFC tattoo on the back of her neck? She has short spiky hair.