• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2023/24

Number13

We’ve also had news of Ed James’ contract extension so that implies he’s well thought of.
I think he’s slightly the older than the above and physically looks the part as a centre back.
I know he’s been a regular for Dorchester and has been playing well but I’ve no idea whether that’s in a two or a three.
So if he’s lined up for an opportunity in our team would he be right, centre or left?
Those are the ones, with my limited knowledge, I currently have the best hopes for.
So is Ed James extending a Pro contract or is he also a second year scholar?

budegrecian

So is Ed James extending a Pro contract or is he also a second year scholar?
Most definitely extending a pro contract. I think he's 20 at the end of the year

Bridgy 81

Most definitely extending a pro contract. I think he's 20 at the end of the year
Yes, he signed his first professional contract this time last year.
It’s length wasn’t reported at the time as far as I could see but I presume it must have been a two year one if we’ve now been told it’s been extended by 12 months until the end of the 2025/26 season.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this the next J R Hartley

'George Williams, making his full debut for the Under-18s, turns 14 next weekend, played the full 90 minutes and was very effective going forward supplying plenty of crosses, and was hard-working out of possession. He is an exciting prospect, and I hope he enjoyed his experience with the squad.'

If so shhhhhh!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
U18s at home to Northampton today.

DawlishBouy

More new names in today's line-up. I'm guessing trialists rather than schooolboys:

DawlishBouy

Leon Woodhead plays for Honiton Town.
Jamie Rickhuss is or was in Southampton’s academy. Comes from Torquay area.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
More new names in today's line-up. I'm guessing trialists rather than schooolboys:
Good to see Gabe back.

andrew p long

13 year old George Williams plays again... (though its his 14th birthday this weekend, not sure whether today or tomorrow)

Last edited:

iscalad

Any news on the score?