• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2023/24

DawlishBouy

Yemi Odubade succeeded William Allen (who departed for a club in New Zealand) as Youth Development Phase under 9's and 10's lead coach in late December or early January. I've seen linkedin posts that show he has been with City's academy since March 2023.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
If he is, I think we had Jon-Paul Pittman on the same scheme a couple of years ago.
He's now at Brentford.

Christian

I see our friends down the road have won the league today!

Number13

Yemi Odubade succeeded William Allen (who departed for a club in New Zealand) as Youth Development Phase under 9's and 10's lead coach in late December or early January. I've seen linkedin posts that show he has been with City's academy since March 2023.
Please tell me coaching 9 and 10 year olds twice a week is not a full time job we pay a salary for?

Matt Russell

Please tell me coaching 9 and 10 year olds twice a week is not a full time job we pay a salary for?
Consider yourself told.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Home to MK Dons this afternoon in Merit League 2. Kick off at 2.30pm.

Boyo

The U9s who are in the Academy train twice per week and then play games on the weekend, often which involves significant travel all over the country. There was one weekend in the autumn whereby they played at Man Utd on the Saturday and then FGR on the Sunday.

Additionally the U9 coach will have overall responsibility for the players and deputy coaches in the Advanced Development Centre (ADC). This is one tier below the Academy and consists of five regional centres across Devon, Somerset and Dorset. The boys here train weekly, with the opportunity for those doing particularly well to step up to the Academy.

The coach will be responsible for all the players and coaches within the cell, including regular communication with the players' school, along with organising the logistics and administration of all the above. This work is then duplicated for the U10 age group.

I don't know whether the role is full-time but its certainly salaried and is clearly much more than rocking up to coach a handful of kids, a couple of times per week.

Last edited:

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Home to MK Dons this afternoon in Merit League 2. Kick off at 2.30pm.
Any news on line up? really important time for U18s because its around now that decisions are being made on professional contracts for next season.

DawlishBouy

DawlishBouy

Any news on line up? really important time for U18s because its around now that decisions are being made on professional contracts for next season.
The players waiting on contract news are:
Alfie Cunningham (currently on loan at Tavistock but getting little game time).
Stanford Daniels (currently on loan at Tiverton).
Tom Dean (today continues his run of being the only ever present in the team).
Sam Joce (missed lots of games this season and hasn’t played for the youth team since 16th December)
Scott Simmons (missed most of the season through injury. Played his first game in 3 months against Newport but is not in the team again today).

Max Edgecombe who has missed much of the season with injury already has a pro contract.