• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 22/23

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
match report from the Youth Alliance Cup exit...

budegrecian

Theo Cutler sounds like one to watch.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not City-related but on 4 right now there's a documentary about Palace's academy. Just been watching a sequence featuring a 10 year old who was told at the beginning off the season that he wasn't being offered a place for a full year and is on a six month contract to prove himself. Pretty brutal.

I know little of the workings of our Academy but I'd hope we don't put that kind of pressure on 10 year olds.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not City-related but on 4 right now there's a documentary about Palace's academy. Just been watching a sequence featuring a 10 year old who was told at the beginning off the season that he wasn't being offered a place for a full year and is on a six month contract to prove himself. Pretty brutal.

I know little of the workings of our Academy but I'd hope we don't put that kind of pressure on 10 year olds.
I believe that's what happened with Ollie Watkins :)

AmberRed

All academies are brutal, no loyalty in football on either side!

robchave

All academies are brutal, no loyalty in football on either side!
I remember being told at school, six months before my 'O' levels, that if I didn't pull my finger out I wouldn't be staying for 'A' levels. At 10, a lot of kids had pressure to pass their 11+; not a lot of difference really.

Bridgy 81

I remember being told at school, six months before my 'O' levels, that if I didn't pull my finger out I wouldn't be staying for 'A' levels. At 10, a lot of kids had pressure to pass their 11+; not a lot of difference really.
Just after I sat down to take my 11+ exam the teacher explained the various rules to us, no talking etc, but said if any of us needed to ask anything to put our hand up and she’d come over.
Then the first instruction on the paper was to write your full name.
The problem was although I knew my full name (of course) up until that day I don’t think I’d ever actually had to write in down anywhere.
So, the first question for the teacher, a couple of minutes into the exam, was from me asking her for help to spell my own name.
I must have recovered from that inauspicious start as I passed the exam which enabled me to embark on my subsequent glittering academic journey (not).

dontpassback

I failed my 11 plus and ended up at the fine educational establishment called John stocker SM school,made some lifelong friends there and we received a pretty good education 👍

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I failed my 11 plus and ended up at the fine educational establishment called John stocker SM school,made some lifelong friends there and we received a pretty good education 👍
And also went on to make friends with Old Heleans as well I understand ?
UTC

dontpassback

And also went on to make friends with Old Heleans as well I understand ?
UTC
Very true mr d😀😀😀😀