• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Zak Jules

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
In regards to pricing I think we sit somewhere in the middle

The mistake Sturtz makes here is assuming we can keep up the demand for tickets, it will slowly fall away over time and needs to be replenished with younger people

I think the pricing is pretty fair at City - not too expensive but not too cheap

If the prices went up, sure I'd pay it but we need to think about those who it would hit the hardest
My comment was never about being desperate to keep Zak Jules it was about being able to compete with other teams for players generally.
My concern is with our funding and how we can increase revenue when player sales are not what they were and there's not much on the horizon. It's a genuine concern and for me a cost of living price rise should be considered on entry fees, after all trains, breweries, food just about every other matchday cost goes up without complaint or even question. Why should the club be the only service to take a hit?
I'm very happy with the club at the moment, thinking we are riding a wave and should take advantage. It's when we are relegated because we can't compete that you'll see crowds dropping off, raising prices in league 2 will be a bigger challenge.

Boyo

My comment was never about being desperate to keep Zak Jules it was about being able to compete with other teams for players generally.
My concern is with our funding and how we can increase revenue when player sales are not what they were and there's not much on the horizon. It's a genuine concern and for me a cost of living price rise should be considered on entry fees, after all trains, breweries, food just about every other matchday cost goes up without complaint or even question. Why should the club be the only service to take a hit?
I'm very happy with the club at the moment, thinking we are riding a wave and should take advantage. It's when we are relegated because we can't compete that you'll see crowds dropping off, raising prices in league 2 will be a bigger challenge.
The trains are a shambles and food and drink providers are going bust every week, as people are not spending there.

Mid Devon Grecian

The trains are a shambles and food and drink providers are going bust every week, as people are not spending there.
Sure, the trains are a shambles but we know why that is.

Poor food and drink outlets are going bust. Decent ones are thriving, free market, provide what the punters seek and you’ll be ok.

Tried to book Harry’s for a Saturday in mid August today, no room 🤷‍♂️

STURTZ

It's only natural to put self interest ahead of club health but attendance fees should be something we are mature enough to discuss as trustees.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's only natural to put self interest ahead of club health but attendance fees should be something we are mature enough to discuss as trustees.
Are people too immature to discuss it or do they just not agree with you? Strikes me maybe the latter.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Another reminder that this is the Zak Jules thread, if you want to talk about season tickets then please proceed to https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/season-tickets-2024-25.64989/page-48

denzel

12 days since that article but nothing happened beyond rumours.
Maybe nothing happening here?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
12 days since that article but nothing happened beyond rumours.
Maybe nothing happening here?
Presumably Jules is a free agent when his 12 months is up (end of June?). That's when he'll be off no doubt.

STURTZ

Are people too immature to discuss it or do they just not agree with you? Strikes me maybe the latter.
Disagreement is a vital part of discussion, feel free to vent your opinion. I've no axe to grind.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member