• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Zak Jules

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Struggling to see how the point isn’t hugely valid. No problem with the signing bar a fee for a one year deal is simply not good business. Surprised by the amount of replies.
Gives us a chance to judge Jules, perhaps?
(Oill get me coat) 🙄

Episkyros

I guess, given where we are in the transfer window, we were forced to pay a fee. I would imagine any free agents have either been snapped up, or have already been issued offers that they're mulling over. Also, one year deals are great for downside risk right? Means if he's useless, we don't have him for too long!

Personally, I'm excited to see him in the red & white. Welcome Zak!

grecIAN Harris

(Oill get me coat) 🙄
You might have to come up with a better mix for that one.........

andrew p long

Struggling to see how the point isn’t hugely valid. No problem with the signing bar a fee for a one year deal is simply not good business. Surprised by the amount of replies.
I understand your point but a) we have an option for a second year, so he can't walk away for free at the end of one year if we want to keep him because for example he's doing well/attracting attention and b) the fee is 'undisclosed'. It might be as little as say 5k.

As others (Max?) say its obvious we would have got an equivalent player on a free earlier in the window if we could have done. We couldn't/didn't so so had to do something like this.

Grecian2K

You might have to come up with a better mix for that one.........
Depends what spin the club take on the deal

iscalad

I wouldn't expect the fee to be more than a few thousands.

andrew p long

(Oill get me coat) 🙄
A good line. So good it was done last night on the summer transfer thread...

arthur

I hope Zak makes the first 11 as he’s better than Aimson and Sweeney in my humble opinion .
I’d like to see Zack and Diabate at the back
You'd still need one of Aimson or Sweeney alongside them

Antony Moxey

Unless you know for certain what the fee is you cannot possibly decide whether it’s good business or not.

Grecian Max

Probably Lloyd James level of fee, I’m surprised you think Exeter City the most openly penny pinching of clubs in the league would not conduct (or at least attempt) “good business”