• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Chrisene

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
He only lives 1 minute from me, shall I go and ask him who's telling him what to do?
Get over there and remind him that Liverpool’s reserves are better than the bluenoses 😜

Dannyred

None of what you say is wrong however in your previous post you said it was down to his agent. He will advise accordingly but the boy’s parents will also have an influence. I would think it daft to think otherwise.
Most agents it’s about making big money and he may of already signed a contract with an agent who has full control of his career for the next 3 years and will already be lining up deals with other clubs.Some agents give a big cash payment upfront to the parents of young talented players.

However I wish the lad all the best.

Antony Moxey

No-one is, however I would imagine there’s more than one person whose advice he’ll listen to.

geoffwp

Fingers crossed then that they will advise Ben that his best interests will be served by staying where he is and fighting for a another taste of first team football. It must be incredibly frustrating for academy coaches to watch the talent they have spent time nurturing be tempted away without the club being compensated in any meaningful way. When it happens you'd have to forgive them for wondering if it's all worthwhile.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most agents it’s about making big money and he may of already signed a contract with an agent who has full control of his career for the next 3 years and will already be lining up deals with other clubs.Some agents give a big cash payment upfront to the parents of young talented players.

However I wish the lad all the best.
As far as I am aware minors can't enter into contracts, his parents may have though.

What we need is for Ollie to be sold this window as a bargaining tool and comparison with Ethan Ampadu and first team experience and wealth (different age brackets but there are also the likes of Sean Goss and others who have signed for Big clubs who never made the final break through). Not knowing what either are on I couldn't say but one would assume Ollie is on more than Ethan and obviously playing more first team football than him and closer to playing regularly in the premiershite.

There are also the large number of kids recruited each year by the big clubs that don't make it compared percentage wise to our academy over recent years, and the success of our U23's against higher ranked clubs in competitions shows how competitive our academy makes players. A final emphasis cold be that although a career in football is short with the right handling it can be very rewarding and not necessarily at the start of the career

hienzeECFC

As far as I am aware minors can't enter into contracts, his parents may have though.

What we need is for Ollie to be sold this window as a bargaining tool and comparison with Ethan Ampadu and first team experience and wealth (different age brackets but there are also the likes of Sean Goss and others who have signed for Big clubs who never made the final break through). Not knowing what either are on I couldn't say but one would assume Ollie is on more than Ethan and obviously playing more first team football than him and closer to playing regularly in the premiershite.

There are also the large number of kids recruited each year by the big clubs that don't make it compared percentage wise to our academy over recent years, and the success of our U23's against higher ranked clubs in competitions shows how competitive our academy makes players. A final emphasis cold be that although a career in football is short with the right handling it can be very rewarding and not necessarily at the start of the career

Conversely the lad could carry on here and potentially not make it to our first team and be let go at 19 with limited prospects, or he could go to a premier league side's U23s and earn enough money to buy a house, car and a sustainable future even if he doesn't make it as a footballer. I don't like it, but if I was the player's agent/parents I think I would advise them to follow the money because you never know when it might end.

Boyo

Agents cannot sign young players until they turn 16. Young players can sign scholarship terms with Clubs once they have left school. They can sign professional contract when they are 17.

The level of coaching, along with the infrastructure and support at the top Clubs really is unbelievable. The Man City Academy Stadium has a capacity of 7,000 and a perfect pitch all year round. The amount of human support in terms of medical, psychological and wellbeing (dietary etc) gives youngsters every opportunity to excel. The coaching and level of peers is clearly high.

I’ve not even mentioned a very decent salary (wasn’t Ethan on 10k per week when he signed for Chelsea?).

It would be crazy for him to not sign for a top, top Club, if given the opportunity.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agents cannot sign young players until they turn 16. Young players can sign scholarship terms with Clubs once they have left school. They can sign professional contract when they are 17.

The level of coaching, along with the infrastructure and support at the top Clubs really is unbelievable. The Man City Academy Stadium has a capacity of 7,000 and a perfect pitch all year round. The amount of human support in terms of medical, psychological and wellbeing (dietary etc) gives youngsters every opportunity to excel. The coaching and level of peers is clearly high.

I’ve not even mentioned a very decent salary (wasn’t Ethan on 10k per week when he signed for Chelsea?).

It would be crazy for him to not sign for a top, top Club, if given the opportunity.
In real terms, there is no difference between a Scholarship and a "pro" contract. A scholar is on a professional contract - they are just contractually obliged to undertake mandatory learning as part of that contract.

Boyo

In real terms, there is no difference between a Scholarship and a "pro" contract. A scholar is on a professional contract - they are just contractually obliged to undertake mandatory learning as part of that contract.
Maybe not from a players' perspective, but it makes a massive difference to the selling Club.

Ian Russon

If we lose Ben for next to nothing money then we ought to just pack our red and white bags and call it a day, switch the floodlights off for one last time.

What the heck is the point in even trying when three players who WILL make it, get snapped up for peanuts. Jay and Ethan together will be two of the best players our academy has produced and in ten years will probably be worth £120,000,000.

I'm really fed up with the way things work. We need to hide these youngsters away and get them into the 1st squad asap and then they can get noticed.