• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christmas cookery

tigertony

Don't you get fed up with these bleedy cookery programmes that show you how to stuff a turkey or how to make a ''Double cream orange, banana and passion fruit trifle laced with real ale and laxatives'' (That'll teach the greedy feckers if you also ensure there is no loo roll in the bathroom (moonie)(rofl) )
Anyways, back to my story about Graiser and Buckland Brenda. He made this ''Double cream orange, banana and ....'' Oh carp - got to stop now to watch a cookery show on TV.
WTF !!! Its Nigella Lawson - WOW. Think I'll watch. Then it strikes me what a good thread this would make when opened to the pervs on this site - so
''One-liners about Nigella and her cookery'' This could bring tears to our eyes. I'll start with

''I'd love to taste her dumplings''(y)

motorservices

Don't you get fed up with these bleedy cookery programmes that show you how to stuff a turkey or how to make a ''Double cream orange, banana and passion fruit trifle laced with real ale and laxatives'' (That'll teach the greedy feckers if you also ensure there is no loo roll in the bathroom (moonie)(rofl) )
Anyways, back to my story about Graiser and Buckland Brenda. He made this ''Double cream orange, banana and ....'' Oh carp - got to stop now to watch a cookery show on TV.
WTF !!! Its Nigella Lawson - WOW. Think I'll watch. Then it strikes me what a good thread this would make when opened to the pervs on this site - so
''One-liners about Nigella and her cookery'' This could bring tears to our eyes. I'll start with

''I'd love to taste her dumplings''(y)
one that always makes me laugh is

Beat the meat until its about ready..............

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair to the Janners we have credit them with being experts in cookery.

Over the years they have a long tradition of being the Heston Blumenthals of the accounting books.

Spoonz Red E

And their meals can't be too hard to chew.

As most of them have Aperitif only.

tigertony

one that always makes me laugh is

Beat the meat until its about ready..............
(rofl)
''Shake holding the bottom and then take the top off''

Grecian and Spoonz - quotes - c'mon now you can think of one.

Grecian2K

Be generous with the financial seasoning of the greens before you strain them dry.

Less than 7% addition can leave a very nasty taste in the mouth

tigertony

Be generous with the financial seasoning of the greens before you strain them dry.

Less than 7% addition can leave a very nasty taste in the mouth
Where's your cookery quote Grecian? I'd hate to have to pay you a visit to force a quote out of you.(worry)

Grecian2K

You just quoted my quote Tigger?
(Although I will confess that is was slightly plagiarised from Chef Stapleton and Chief Cook Sir Woy's unfortunate translation of Kagami's traditional Japanese recipe "How to drag a pig to market, kill it and stuff it yet still keep it sweet enough to feed to the dogs later")

Last edited:

tigertony

You just quoted my quote Tigger?
(Although I will confess that is was slightly plagiarised from Chef Stapleton and Chief Cook Sir Woy's unfortunate translation of Kagami's traditional Japanese recipe "How to drag a pig to market, kill it and stuff it yet still keep it sweet enough to feed to the dogs later")
(rofl) Not bad Grecian old boy!

Alistair20000

Bumped for the attention of @Stelios