• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall out on loan

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes,and I think MT may well be right. This time last year I said Will Dean ought to go out on loan and someone else said it was better to keep him at city for first team purposes. He did stay but then didn’t get any game time.
i don't think it would have done any harm to Will's development to have been in and around the matchday squad and he would presumably have played if either Jake or Archie had got injured before Hiram returned to fitness. And having Will on the bench allowed Jordan Tillson to go out on loan.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep that is a good step up for him. He is clearly progressing but has some way to go until he is first team ready. He will come good I'm sure.
You are much closer to City than I am so I'm very reluctant to disagree with you. However, I get the impression that it's as much about there not being a clear way into the first team for Joel at the moment or an obvious player that you would leave out to accommodate him. But Joel appears to be doing eveything he can to show Matt Taylor he is ready for the first-team when an opportunity opens up.

One other question about this loan. I assume that the rule about not being allowed to play for more than 2 clubs in a season doesn't apply to non-league teams and Joel will still be able to play for us this season?

You are much closer to City than I am so I'm very reluctant to disagree with you. However, I get the impression that it's as much about there not being a clear way into the first team for Joel at the moment or an obvious player that you would leave out to accommodate him. But Joel appears to be doing eveything he can to show Matt Taylor he is ready for the first-team when an opportunity opens up.

One other question about this loan. I assume that the rule about not being allowed to play for more than 2 clubs in a season doesn't apply to non-league teams and Joel will still be able to play for us this season?
Of the current players in, or on the fringes, of the 1st team, such as Seymour, Key & Randall, I think that Randall has the most potential. But, having seen him playing a couple of times now, it's clear he's not quite ready to play regularly at 1st team level - he lacks a degree of physical strength which means that he tends to get muscled off the ball in 50/50 situations. But it's only a matter of conditioning, & physical development. In terms of talent, he really is promising.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of the current players in, or on the fringes, of the 1st team, such as Seymour, Key & Randall, I think that Randall has the most potential. But, having seen him playing a couple of times now, it's clear he's not quite ready to play regularly at 1st team level - he lacks a degree of physical strength which means that he tends to get muscled off the ball in 50/50 situations. But it's only a matter of conditioning, & physical development. In terms of talent, he really is promising.
Fair enough, you and Martin will have seen much more of Joel play than I have. However, the snippets I've seen from the under-23's and the EFL trophy suggest he can't be far away from being ready for league 2 football.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Randall came on in the second half but couldn't help Weymouth back in to the game and they list 1-0 to Dorking.

eurogrecian

Returned to City from loan at Weston-super-Mare on 6 Dec.
Nineteen appearances and six goals later, sounds like he was quite a hit there.
Weston's manager says My understanding is that he will join a team higher up the pyramid with a view to forcing his way into Matt Taylor’s plans in the new year". Weymouth then.
Looks like another decent prospect.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Returned to City from loan at Weston-super-Mare on 6 Dec.
Nineteen appearances and six goals later, sounds like he was quite a hit there.
Weston's manager says My understanding is that he will join a team higher up the pyramid with a view to forcing his way into Matt Taylor’s plans in the new year". Weymouth then.
Looks like another decent prospect.
Randell out, Randall in?