• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Candidate Husting

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
An interesting if not particularly intellectual debate thus far. ;)

From my own perspective it is probably well known on here that I have some affinity with Poults' take on things but that is tempered by a reality of what may be possible and what may not be in the cold light of day.
Don't want intellectuals encumbered by by fear, I want do'ers, so that would seem to leave me no one to vote for at all.

LOG

what exactly they are going to do if elected.
Or try to do...

Poultice

Or try to do...
Losers try, winners do.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Communication is fine, make the commitment and then keep it, if that means exclusion from the process when there is no mandate from the electorate that will show us that a coup de trust has already taken place.

The only other issue of worth would be the level of governance of the activities of the club board, do we want the BoS to micro manage or not ?

What I would like is for the Eight to say, not just where they stand on these issues, but what exactly they are going to do if elected.
I cannot speak for the other 7 but I do know what I am looking to do if elected - I put it at the bottom of my candidate statement ...

What I am looking to Achieve

 More detailed and regular communication to the members so that they know what is happening at their Trust run Club.
 Develop a clear 5 year capital investment programme so that members can see what their subs and other income will be spent on.
 Put in place effective measurement of Trust actions so that when decisions are made they are then delivered in a timely manner.

I grant you that they are not the most exciting 3 pledges ever made but I would be looking to be judged on my ability to deliver these 3 items.

As to Barclays, I didnt include the name of my employer as I wasnt looking to represent them on the trust - I was looking to represent myself. I can confirm that I have worked for the bank since 2002 and have been a Finance Business Partner to Retail Marketing for the past 3 years.

It is also a controversial employer to mention for so many reasons - bonuses, credit crisis, south africa - that I decided to not mention it... not embarassed to work for them, but not looking to have to defend their every action in every conversation either ...

Adam "Bill" Henley

Poultice

It is also a controversial employer to mention for so many reasons
Controversy ?

You trying to suggest the is an argument for the banking sector ?

I read what you were looking to do and can get behind the aspiration, but if you got a seat at the table and they ganged up on you with a man size gag would you tell them your duty was to truth and openess and not to the clique, irrespective of the consequences re access ?

I'll answer for you to save you the embarrassment, no you wouldn't, but neither would any of the others.

I can recall nothing from the past that gave the BoS the right to do deals to exclude the membership from the process, they have no mandate to conceal anything they know from the plebs, they do it because they are committee men to a man.

With that in mind I have just spoiled my ballot paper, whichever five get in nothing will change, just the faces in hospitality.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
I
 Develop a clear 5 year capital investment programme so that members can see what their subs and other income will be spent on.
I'm interested in whether you think that by developing a capital investment programme the current monthly contributions to the black hole of the clubs finances should be reduced/eliminated? Obviously I would be interested in any other candidates views on the way that the Trust should be using its finances, and how it should be financing the club.

Chris Phillips

A thought that's just occurred to me.

i wonder whether any of the candidates have any relationship - formal or informal - with current Club Board members or BoS members?

Pete Martin (CTID)

A thought that's just occurred to me.

i wonder whether any of the candidates have any relationship - formal or informal - with current Club Board members or BoS members?
Unless there are two people connected with ECFC with exactly the same names, one candidate has certainly indirectly revealed a connection, through marriage, to a member of the club board.

However, as far as I recall, there was nothing in the Candidate Pack that explicitly precluded any candidate from such a connection, formal or informal, nor do I, personally, see any particular problem with such.

Grecian1966

Don't want intellectuals encumbered by by fear, I want do'ers, so that would seem to leave me no one to vote for at all.
What circumstance would allow you to vote for anyone on this basis? You state you want do-er's yet seem ready to damn those prepared to put themselves forward before they have even had a chance to do owt? Your views of the candidates don't get any better than your opinion of the present incumbents. Talking about setting people up to fail! I thought you had resigned your Trust membership in a huff a few months back? Have you been sent a ballet by mistake?

Fred

Pete Martin (CTID)

.......Have you been sent a ballet by mistake?

Fred
I didn't notice him wearing a tutu at Dagenham.... :)