• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

henville

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
So he rang in and said "I've got a bad back, so I'll give today a miss"?

Bad back my ass! He's not all that good, on a good day. Did anybody really think that Archibald-Henville was going to BE that good, since Spurs let him go? If they thought he had any future Premier League potential, they wouldnt have released him in the first place.

He was off-loaded to us (hopefully on a free) and he's proven one thing; its open to debate whether he's good enough for League One, let alone the Premiership. I dont rate him at all.
£50k actually Peter. Money well spent.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
£50k actually Peter. Money well spent.
He's been a victim of circumstance. What with the formation we play and the lack of experience at the back... Neither of which suits him.

Troy will be a quality player, but we have never really replaced Sir Rob since he started to play a lower key roll in the playing squad.

With two young keepers as well, it is the one desperately weak link in the squad. We need some organisation at the back...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think it was the injury he sustained when signing on the dotted line that caused much of the problems this season. Confidence and fitness needed.

Grecian_Jay

He's been a victim of circumstance. What with the formation we play and the lack of experience at the back... Neither of which suits him.

Troy will be a quality player, but we have never really replaced Sir Rob since he started to play a lower key roll in the playing squad.

With two young keepers as well, it is the one desperately weak link in the squad. We need some organisation at the back...
Troy has all the attributes to be a top CB but not sure if that will be with us. Like you say he needs some experience alongside him IMO, a real natyural leader is required because as good a defender as Matty T is he isn't a vocal leader.

ecfc01

Jay.

Thought you have been kidnapped, Was going to send a search party,

Nice to see your back

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Troy has all the attributes to be a top CB but not sure if that will be with us. Like you say he needs some experience alongside him IMO, a real natyural leader is required because as good a defender as Matty T is he isn't a vocal leader.
Dead on the nose Jayne.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Nice to see your back
Which suggests either;

a) you were glad he had a sabbatical

or

b) You have been spending "quality time" with him.
+o(

ecfc01

Troy is a liability I assume his is one of the higher wage bills, I could see him as a loss tho. a great sub player.

I would not use him playing 3 at the back

LOG

With Troy, it always seems to me that he needs to just concentrate more. He has all of the physical attributes to make a good, solid CB and now he just needs to get his head right and stop being distracted by the sun glinting off shiny things he sees in the crowd.

Grecian_Jay

Jay.

Thought you have been kidnapped, Was going to send a search party,

Nice to see your back
I'm here, just busier this year so less time to spend with the good folk of Exeweb :)