• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A new system required for ticket arrangements - discuss

exeips

I was queueing for my Argyle ticket last season and heard that someone puts £10.00 into the trust every month. Fine no problem you think. However, he pays £2.50 from him, £2.50 from his Mrs, £2.50 from his Mum & £2.50 from his Dad. Therefore, he could get 4 x tickets. His Mrs, Mum & Dad couldn't care less about City.

About 10% of me thinks this is really clever. The other 90% of me thinks this selfish. I have no idea who this, but I expect there are quite a few others who do this.
Funny that I'm thinking of doing the same thing!

I joined the Trust during the Russell & Lewis days because of the stuff I was reading on exeweb & thought it was the only way to save our club. Then after we took control of the club I remember Hux doing a passionate plea for people to join the trust or those already in the trust to up their subs. I then sent in a donation and up my subs to £8. Then along came the Man Utd game & for some reason the whole focus of the trust changed. Gone were the chucking your spare change in buckets at matches, gone were buying trust t-shirts( I think my son still has his Cronin & Moxey shirts in his draw), gone was the family fun days to earn money for the trust,ect,ect...

Since then I think the only thing I have contributed to is pitch in because I thought it was a worthy cause. As far as I remember nothing the trust has done since the Man U game has made me want to put my hand in my pocket & contribute more to Trust funds. Di Lee & the EDG do a great job & get more money out of me with their quizzes at home & away matches then the trust does.

The thing that annoys me most is that within hours of the Liverpool game being announce we had a Bosser on exeweb telling everyone to join the trust to get yourself a ticket for the game. Then the next day in the Echo we have the Chair of the trust telling everyone the same thing. Why aren't these Bossers coming up with other ideas to get me to put my hand in my pocket?

Unfortunately for me the Trust has just become a glorified ticket guaranteed scheme. The Trust board seem more interested in numbers then what the trust should actually stand for. So if I split my £8 subs into smaller groups the trust would have more numbers. One of my sons who was a season ticket holder plays football on Saturday but still goes to every mid week game & Saturday when he's not playing. Why shouldn't I split my subs to put him into a Priority group?

Sorry for the rant & maybe it should be on the trust thread and not this one!

Dukebank

Should be 1 ticket per person no matter how many groups they belong to with perhaps a ballot system for new members. Why should people be able to become ticket touts like this guy on another thread?

If you are up for £50 donation to the Trust and promise to become a Trust member, I will release an option for two tickets. PM me with a mobile number. I cant promise but you may still be able to get some. You can join before the game.

UTC

TVR
There are many people who have got a priority and had one for years doing lots for the Club and put a dam site more in than 50 quid and will be unlucky and not get a ticket! It annoys me that some one can offer his spare ticket allocation to a complete stranger for a fee (Donation it may be but it’s wrong!) Haven't people like this got any ethos of what a fan owned club should be? What happened to rewarding loyalty? Why should people have an opportunity to buy tickets just because they have more money? This person should be ashamed of himself for doing this!

Willy Nilly

While people are discussing this. Do you guys reckon this is clever or stops other people getting tickets......?

I was queueing for my Argyle ticket last season and heard that someone puts £10.00 into the trust every month. Fine no problem you think. However, he pays £2.50 from him, £2.50 from his Mrs, £2.50 from his Mum & £2.50 from his Dad. Therefore, he could get 4 x tickets. His Mrs, Mum & Dad couldn't care less about City.

About 10% of me thinks this is really clever. The other 90% of me thinks this selfish. I have no idea who this, but I expect there are quite a few others who do this.
Don't see a problem with this. It's all money for the Trust and games like this are few and far between.

Shamus

Incorrect. The game is sold out (except for those season ticket holder who have yet to claim their seat), yet I didn't use my full priority allocation (I was allowed 3, but only took 2). I bet there are loads of priority members who haven't used their full allocation, which suggests that potential demand is higher than supply. There are numerous people on various threads on here who have priority status, but no ticket.
Where have you heard it is all sold out. i was told seats are sold out (apart from Season Ticket holders yet to claim thier seat), but not that the Big Bank was sold out?

I think STH's should always be the priority, they contribute the most money to the club and should be rewarded for that with first dibs on home tickets for cup ties or away games where we are going to sell out. I know people bang on about exiles and we have quite a few, but correct me if I am wrong, every other or at least the vast majority of other football clubs in England that don't operate a dedicated "away season ticket" policy, always gives first priority to STH's? It may be unfair on the people who go to loads of away games but that's just the way it is.

I think there should be a radical overhaul of the priority group system, I think there should only be two priority groups, STH's and Trust members, and while we are at it up the minimum ammount you have to pay each month to at least £5, £2 a month is nothing to a lot of people and I believe that people join the trust purely to get priority and have no real passion or belief in the trust model (which is basically me). This will see trust numbers drop but is this such a bad thing? Surely the Trust want people in the Trust that actually believe in it rather than hundreds of people that use it as the cheapest way to get tickets for big games. Not sure why groups like the NDG's and the EDG's get priority either, no doubt they do a lot for the club, but i'm not sure why it should be used as a means to getting priority.

It seems to me a lot of the time that getting tickets depends on a lot on who you know, Andy Gillards name keeps on popping up and no doubt he does a brilliant job and is very helpfull by all accounts, but i'm not so keen on the idea that simply knowing him will help you get a ticket, the average City fan does not know the contact details of Exeter's commercial team. Also I have heard before that the chap with the annoying bluetooth thing on his ear block booking tickets and jumping the que, again I am not saying he is doing it for personal gain and I expect he is trying to help as many people out as he can, but surely buying tickets from a L1 club should be a fair and clear process? & shouldn't hinge on who you know? Which is what it appears like at times.

older-codger

Unfortunately for me the Trust has just become a glorified ticket guaranteed scheme. The Trust board seem more interested in numbers then what the trust should actually stand for.
When I decided not to renew my Trust membership, the fact that I wouldn't be able to get a ticket for the Argyle game (last season) was the only point made to me. I responded that my season ticket gave me that anyway.

Shamus

I think the current system is almost there, but I think that there should only be an entitlement to 1 tickets regardless of number of qualifications. I also think there is an issue that those who don't have a season ticket, but do go and watch a lot of games, should also have the chance to get dibs on a ticket before glory hunters.

Accept that everyone knows the rules and have options, but I know several people who go to 50 to 100% of games, choosing to pay on the day because they are unsure if they would use the season ticket and don't belong to the trust. Several people I know like this were in the crowd last Saturday and Tuesday and if the sold out rumours are true might not get a ticket. I am like this, but do choose to belong to the trust and so am ok, but I think we are missing out a whole raft of "true" supporters.

On another point, the voucher system as used to be would have swelled the crowd on Tuesday night and brought more money into the coffers. I do accept thought that this would necessitate selling tickets at the gorund, which is not the current chosen route.

JDA - couldn't agree more.

GRECIANS1904

Cast your minds back to the 1980's/1990's.......When we played bigger clubs in the cup's.

Vouchers were given out at the home league games leading up to the cup tie. Therefore, fans who attended two of the league games could get a ticket for the cup game.

We have had two home league fixtures since the draw was made to play Liverpool. Why weren't vouchers given out? The crowds would have been up for those two games and the club would have gained more cash from the turnstiles and the catering, club shop sales etc.

The way that they have done this has gained the club a load of Trust members who will cancel their direct debits after the match.

Vouchers work well and get the punters in for the league games leading up to the big cup tie.

It aint rocket science. I reckon that our club was better run in the 1980's than it is now. Seems like organised chaos these days in the club reception. No one seems to have a clue.
I agree with the vouchers we could do this for FA Cup give vouchers out 1st round then 2nd round so the priority would be season ticket holders 1*ticket each, trust members paid up at begining of Month*1 each then people with 2 vouchers, 1 then general sale

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately for me the Trust has just become a glorified ticket guaranteed scheme. The Trust board seem more interested in numbers then what the trust should actually stand for.
Spot on.

Some people will disagree and say that so long as they pay their subs, who cares. If that's the case and, more worryingly, if that attitude is held within the BOS, then they might as well pack up and go home now, IMHO.