• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A new system required for ticket arrangements - discuss

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
While people are discussing this. Do you guys reckon this is clever or stops other people getting tickets......?

I was queueing for my Argyle ticket last season and heard that someone puts £10.00 into the trust every month. Fine no problem you think. However, he pays £2.50 from him, £2.50 from his Mrs, £2.50 from his Mum & £2.50 from his Dad. Therefore, he could get 4 x tickets. His Mrs, Mum & Dad couldn't care less about City.

About 10% of me thinks this is really clever. The other 90% of me thinks this selfish. I have no idea who this, but I expect there are quite a few others who do this.
It had crossed my mind. My son does a few matches with me, so I was wondering about reducing my subs by £2 and setting up membership for him. I did mention this to a few BoSSers on Saturday, who didn't seem too unconcerned, as the numbers in the Trust would go up. Plus in your example above, if they're regular attenders then where is the problem?

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
if they're regular attenders then where is the problem?
As stated, they couldn't care less about City.

Boyo

All the priority qualifiers will get their tickets so what's the problem - certainly for the one or two times it's needed every couple of seasons why change it?
Incorrect. The game is sold out (except for those season ticket holder who have yet to claim their seat), yet I didn't use my full priority allocation (I was allowed 3, but only took 2). I bet there are loads of priority members who haven't used their full allocation, which suggests that potential demand is higher than supply. There are numerous people on various threads on here who have priority status, but no ticket.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As stated, they couldn't care less about City.
Yes, I understood that. But if they were regular attenders, or possibly even irregular attenders is it an issue?

Extra 3 votes in elections, etc. Hmm...

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, I understood that. But if they were regular attenders, or possibly even irregular attenders is it an issue?

Extra 3 votes in elections, etc. Hmm...
They are unlikely to be attenders at all if they don't care about City.

It seems to me that this is a method of cashing in on tickets from time to time, while paying the Trust what the person was going to pay them anyway. Cynical, if you ask me, which of course nobody did.

Surely it should be 1 ticket per person regardless of number of priority groups...

...a ticket per priority group does (unintentionally, I believe) promote an idea that all fans are equal but some are more equal than others.

This game was the first time I feared as a trust member and former numerous time season ticket holder that I wouldn't be able to get a ticket.

1 ticket per person, I guarantee many of those in numerous priority ticket groups have given to tickets to people who don't normally come to city and won't again unless we draw a premiersh*te team, at the expense of City regulars....

wemisscuro

Loving watching Tisdale prove em wrong, yet again!
Cast your minds back to the 1980's/1990's.......When we played bigger clubs in the cup's.

Vouchers were given out at the home league games leading up to the cup tie. Therefore, fans who attended two of the league games could get a ticket for the cup game.

We have had two home league fixtures since the draw was made to play Liverpool. Why weren't vouchers given out? The crowds would have been up for those two games and the club would have gained more cash from the turnstiles and the catering, club shop sales etc.

The way that they have done this has gained the club a load of Trust members who will cancel their direct debits after the match.

Vouchers work well and get the punters in for the league games leading up to the big cup tie.

It aint rocket science. I reckon that our club was better run in the 1980's than it is now. Seems like organised chaos these days in the club reception. No one seems to have a clue.

Last edited:

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do think that it should be one priority number = one ticket, regardless of how many priority groups you are in. The exception would be if the allocation is greater then the number of currently valid priority numbers (i.e. a Wembley game etc)

I also think that the interest generated in a game like this is worth using to increase trust memberships, although current members should have a window to purchase tickets prior to new members.

However the biggest flaw in the current system relates to online purchases. All tickets should be available to buy online, and the data held by Ticketzone has to be up to date. Solve those two problems and you massively reduce the number of phone calls, and the frustration at trying to contact Ticketzone goes away.

Leyster

Cast your minds back to the 1980's/1990's.......When we played bigger clubs in the cup's.

Vouchers were given out at the home league games leading up to the cup tie. Therefore, fans who attended two of the league games could get a ticket for the cup game.

We have had two home league fixtures since the draw was made to play Liverpool. Why weren't vouchers given out? The crowds would have been up for those two games and the club would have gained more cash from the turnstiles and the catering, club shop sales etc.

The way that they have done this has gained the club a load of Trust members who will cancel their direct debits after the match.

Vouchers work well and get the punters in for the league games leading up to the big cup tie.

It aint rocket science. I reckon that our club was better run in the 1980's than it is now. Seems like organised chaos these days in the club reception. No one seems to have a clue.
Completely agree with the vouchers its common sense and these people who run the club and get paid a fair wack as well cant even come up with it. an extra 2k supporters for 2 games would be much more lucrative than one years trust membership and they would have more chance to get into the football and become regular fans, although our performance would have ruined this. I believe that there will be a lot of liverpool fans in the exeter end
but thats how these things happen, i dont believe that someone who has signed up for the trust and hardly ever turns up should get more priority than me a season ticket holder since i was 8 now 19 or my dad and his parents who have been season ticket holders for 20-30 years and go to literally ever away game every year but thats how these things go

nick_exmouth

Because this would penalise the many exiles that contribute a large amount of time, money and trouble to the Trust/Club that can't get to home games (esp. midweek) - hence why priority groups were established. To reward contribution to the cause, even though they can't get to every home game.