• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The bos shakeup

Mackster

I can confirm I have no multis and have changed my profile so it states my real name which I would imagine was probably widely known anyway.

The no campaigning rule is very frustrating, there is to be no canvassing outside your manifesto. I can't even mention I am running on my social networks. My understanding is that this rule is in place for those candidates who are not on Exeweb or Gnet or who don't have regular access to a computer.

As such I can't really say much more. I have to say some of the manifestos do impress me.
I know you are only the messenger Bondy, but that is just plain f*cking stupid. We might actually get to the know the candidates through social media and it would surely motivate more people to get involved in the election. The manifesto's tell me nothing other than the people involved are City through & through.

You said in your manifesto: "I feel I can bring a fresh young approach to the board as I would be the youngest person on the board and I feel more connected to the younger fans of the club. I often have ideas about how the trust can move forward and I hope to develop some of these if elected."

Care to expand upon these ideas or are you prohibited?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Last year candidates were allowed to talk about their manifestos on exeweb weren't they?! I'm sure I remember that.

Either way it is as Mackster put it; plain f*cking stupid.

The Trust and the club can come across so backward sometimes........

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The rule on cavassing is entrentched in the rules of the majority of Trust's up and down the country. I believe the reason for this rule is the belief that allowing canvassing, actually disadvantages exiled supporters, whom have less capacity to do this, owing to their geographic location.

For the record I totally disagree with this and would support any new BOS in overturning this rule.

Martin Lawrence

Poultice

My understanding is that this rule is in place for those candidates who are not on Exeweb or Gnet or who don't have regular access to a computer.
You couldn't make it up.

Grecian Max

The rule on cavassing is entrentched in the rules of the majority of Trust's up and down the country. I believe the reason for this rule is the belief that allowing canvassing, actually disadvantages exiled supporters, whom have less capacity to do this, owing to their geographic location.

For the record I totally disagree with this and would support any new BOS in overturning this rule.

Martin Lawrence
No one cares what other Trusts do. We're meant to be a leading light in the Trust movement, WE should be the ones to look at things differently FFS.

If you want to be on the BOS and you are an exile, then you have to make the effort to come down and canvass, are these guys really going to turn up to midweek meetings, if they can't do that?

SimonBB

No one cares what other Trusts do. We're meant to be a leading light in the Trust movement, WE should be the ones to look at things differently FFS.

If you want to be on the BOS and you are an exile, then you have to make the effort to come down and canvass, are these guys really going to turn up to midweek meetings, if they can't do that?
Not linked in completely with the post above but all it takes is one laptop in the meeting room and a skype conference call for everyone to be video linked up. Being an Exile should not be a reason not to attend a meeting.

Grecian Max

That's a fair point Simon. However, IMO if you want to be on the BOS, you should be able to canvass in Exeter. It only be at a couple of games surely, along with a Facebook group and a thread on here. To ban this is beyond ridiculous and makes it more likely that the cliques get in.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not linked in completely with the post above but all it takes is one laptop in the meeting room and a skype conference call for everyone to be video linked up. Being an Exile should not be a reason not to attend a meeting.
Would you be allowed, under the rules, to campaign for Bondy?

Poultice

Would you be allowed, under the rules, to campaign for Bondy?
Would he want him to ?

Have you seen the state of him on Flacky's ?

Mackster

Would he want him to ?

Have you seen the state of him on Flacky's ?
I'm all in favour of Flacky's returning in the form of a pirate TV Candidate Election Broadcast...even if Bondy is played by an actor.