• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our Floodlights !!! or lack of them?

oldcity

Is it just me or did the floodlights fail to light the pitch properly on Saturday? I am on about the old grandstand side, I noticed that clumps of them were not working, I know that the light was sort of that half and half where the darkness doesn't completely take over, but It looked very dark along the old Grandstand side. or is it these rose tinted glasses I am wearing or our we missing the Stadium manager? I would not like us to lose any more lights on that side or we could have problems seeing at all.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
The tannoy didn't work properly in the OG either on Saturday. Couldn't make out a bleddy thing when Joe was announcing the reason for the minute's applause, due to echoing and feedback. The whole sorry lot needs sorting - makes us seem very amateurish at the mo.........:(

Willy Nilly

You didn't hear about the minute's silence because it wasn't mentioned!

oldcity

The tannoy didn't work properly in the OG either on Saturday. Couldn't make out a bleddy thing when Joe was announcing the reason for the minute's applause, due to echoing and feedback. The whole sorry lot needs sorting - makes us seem very amateurish at the mo.........:(
PA on big bank was just awful on Saturday, and now it has spread to the OG , will the old place last until the revamp if we have one?

Last edited:

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wasn't the silence I mentioned, it was the minute's applause that occured earlier Willy! NO-ONE heard anything about the minute's silence!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I glad you raised that , the echoing where we were was really bad. Particularly poor on Saturday , and annoying because I still don't know what the minute's silence was about. Couldn't make out the team selections either. Very amateurish as you say.

FAN-TATIC

He meant the minutes clapping!

He was correct about the tannoy system . Couldn't understand a word of what was being said.

I am assuming that the clapping was for a City fan who had died and the silence was in respect of Rememberance Day.

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it just me or did the floodlights fail to light the pitch properly on Saturday? I am on about the old grandstand side, I noticed that clumps of them were not working, I know that the light was sort of that half and half where the darkness doesn't completely take over, but It looked very dark along the old Grandstand side. or is it these rose tinted glasses I am wearing or our we missing the Stadium manager? I would not like us to lose any more lights on that side or we could have problems seeing at all.
I queried this several times back in Dacre's day when only a couple of bulbs were missing. Usually they were replaced quickly, with Dacre getting the free use of a cherry picker to carry out the works.

Replacement bulbs are expensive (from memory I think about £500 each), so is the non replacement part of Taggy's stadium maintenance budget cutbacks or are we not so effecient as when Dacre was here?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
so is the non replacement part of Taggy's stadium maintenance budget cutbacks or are we not so effecient as when Dacre was here?
Perhaps they could get together a work party of half a dozen of our non exec directors, at least they would be able to park nice and close to the ground in their guaranteed places plus their management companies would not only be able to submit the invoices nice and quickly then send themselves the cheques saving a lot of time.

Scooterboy 65

Wasn't the minutes silence possibly also for the M5 crash as were so close to it. Bristol City had a minutes silence for the crash as obviously there so close also.
The tannoy system is poor though everytime a sub is made or a goal is scored it packs up.