• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our Floodlights !!! or lack of them?

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
He meant the minutes clapping!
Exactly -see my Post #5 !! :D

first post

I queried this several times back in Dacre's day when only a couple of bulbs were missing. Usually they were replaced quickly, with Dacre getting the free use of a cherry picker to carry out the works.

Replacement bulbs are expensive (from memory I think about £500 each), so is the non replacement part of Taggy's stadium maintenance budget cutbacks or are we not so effecient as when Dacre was here?
My mate was stadium manager and said the bulbs were nowhere near £500 each. Also that one of the reps from the floodlight company use to not only give him all the replacement parts but Jon managed to get 4 brand new floodlights that he installed in the corners of the ground for free that would have cost the best part of £4k. Not sure who is looking after the place now though...!?

oldcity

My mate was stadium manager and said the bulbs were nowhere near £500 each. Also that one of the reps from the floodlight company use to not only give him all the replacement parts but Jon managed to get 4 brand new floodlights that he installed in the corners of the ground for free that would have cost the best part of £4k. Not sure who is looking after the place now though...!?
That,s my point.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Estates Manager is Clive Pring, with Charlie Woolnough his deputy, whom I understand looks after the ground.

Early Bath

There were Five defunct lamps on the OG yesterday! :cool:

cityregular

When we were a newly run TRUST club,I had the feeling everybody was working together for the betterment of Exeter City FC.
We were told everything would be out in the open,etc.etc.
The Club were publishing all their accounts--even the gate money & profit or loss was on their web site. The ground was spick & span, all the lights were working. The Trust published minutes of their meetings in full & if you ask questions you usually got answers.
I get the feeling that as time goes on,nothing much is being achieved---I know of one Trust member that did not want to be re-elected because of lack of movement.
We have a pitch to be proud of--thanks to Tis.-- but now we havent a team worthy of playing on it!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We have a pitch to be proud of--thanks to Tis.-- but now we havent a team worthy of playing on it!!
And the connection with bulbs being out in the floodlights is?

ecfc70

PA was awful again yesterday in the BB, as it never cuts out when the music is on i'm guessing that the mic levels are set to high causing a clipping effect....my advice....turn the thing down a tad

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yet other examples of Poulti's beloved suits keeping us in the dark?

And all the while the silence on the BB is deafening.

DISCUSS?

Last edited:

FAN-TATIC

Exactly -see my Post #5 !! :D
Whoops! Sorry Terry!:-O