• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club shop!

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Because there's no such thing as 'pre-order'. You order the shirt, then when it's available it's shipped to you. Or do you mean you want the facility to order the shirt before you order it?
Places like amazon have pre order for dvd's and similar stuff. Not sure about other football club shops.

As far as I can see you currently can't go onto the site and order your shirt. Isn't that what bsmaff is saying?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Places like amazon have pre order for dvd's and similar stuff. Not sure about other football club shops.

As far as I can see you currently can't go onto the site and order your shirt. Isn't that what bsmaff is saying?
Some clubs do allow you to pre-order their shirts but the main selling point for this is so you can get the shirt before it's available to buy in the shop.

Antony Moxey

Places like amazon have pre order for dvd's and similar stuff.
The point I am making is that 'pre-order' doesn't exist. You simply 'order', you don't 'pre-order'. Amazon let you order stuff that will be shipped when it's available, you don't pre-order anything, you just order it.

This post should be in the things that annoy you thread I think.

Grecian Max

The point I am making is that 'pre-order' doesn't exist. You simply 'order', you don't 'pre-order'. Amazon let you order stuff that will be shipped when it's available, you don't pre-order anything, you just order it.

This post should be in the things that annoy you thread I think.
Slow day Antony?

Technically pre-order is reserving an item, that turns into an order once that item becomes available. It's not exactly the same thing.

IndoMike

It's definitely a big improvement, but still a fair way to go (including more intuitive links for sure).
Yes, it was really cr&p before. Now it's just cr&p. Total embarrassment : not worthy of any professional organization.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Holy Crap! Heaven forbid English should evolve.

A pre-release order, simplified as "pre-order" for ease of use. Komplikatid innit.

Taz

To be fair; after having a chat with someone the other day about this (that is in the know) it seems that the club's online shop has been left to volunteers to do. Said volunteers have loads on their plate and aren't professional web designer / developers HOWEVER they do the best they can with what they are given. I'm sure if anyone was willing to offer their services for free on here, then they would probably get some type of response...

Antony Moxey

Slow day Antony?

Technically pre-order is reserving an item, that turns into an order once that item becomes available. It's not exactly the same thing.
Hehe, it's still an order, whether it's reserved, available, in the shop, on the lorry or whatever. You order a product, you don't pre-order it.

Antony Moxey

Holy Crap! Heaven forbid English should evolve.

A pre-release order, simplified as "pre-order" for ease of use. Komplikatid innit.
Or, for even more ease of use, you simply order a product that is then delivered when available. Order, it's simple.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
The OED makes bsmaff right ...