• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

please tell me Why Exeter City without Paul Tisdale be any better than it is now.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was a leading question Pete, I know she hasn't step foot inside SJP for an absolute age which begs the question as to why she has so much confidence in Tisdale.

Has she even seen a Tisdale team play ??

It is this kind of blind, foolish naivety that has led the club to where it is.

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
To suggest that no one would apply for the position is ludicrous. Football clubs generally have a host of applications whenever a position is available. There's only 92 league manager positions available and hundreds of managers in work below us and out of work managers looking for an opportunity.

Whether someone could do better is up for debate. Ultimately we will never know because if we stick with Tisdale then we wont know if someone else could do better and if we get rid and replace we wont know whether Tisdale would have gotten us going forward again with this young crop.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are some people so narrow minded that they think that no one could come in and do a better job? Get someone in on half of Tisdale's wages and there would be a queue of out of work manager's applying for the position, what would be saved would then go to the playing budget.

It's not rocket science, someone new would bring in fresh ideas and hopefully not go out and defend for most of the game.

wemissmoxey

Whether someone could do better is up for debate. Ultimately we will never know because if we stick with Tisdale then we wont know if someone else could do better and if we get rid and replace we wont know whether Tisdale would have gotten us going forward again with this young crop.
Why don't you state the obvious next time MJP.

When I have a big decision to make I'll drop you a PM.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Exeter City FC is not Paul Tisdale FC. No one person is, or should be, bigger than the club.

A change of manager may backfire, however on the other hand it may be the breath of fresh air the club needs. It's a real catch 22.

As I've stated before, I do wonder sometimes whether Tis is getting bored here, and whether a change would be best for all concerned.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

To suggest that no one would apply for the position is ludicrous. Football clubs generally have a host of applications whenever a position is available. There's only 92 league manager positions available and hundreds of managers in work below us and out of work managers looking for an opportunity.

So get someone else in and you don't think they could do better than 3 years of consecutive lower plaved finishes? I would say it isn't debatable at all, it's a definite.

PeteUSA

Exeter City FC is not Paul Tisdale FC. No one person is, or should be, bigger than the club.

A change of manager may backfire, however on the other hand it may be the breath of fresh air the club needs. It's a real catch 22.

As I've stated before, I do wonder sometimes whether Tis is getting bored here, and whether a change would be best for all concerned.
Sums: You've covered your ass in so many ways in the above comment that I really wouldnt know where to start! 'Tis is getting bored here?' Perleeeeeeze!! (my Lez impression) Tis isnt bored, he's quite happily picking up the highest paycheck in League 2. Whats boring about that, when we're on the verge of going out of business?

CC

Doesn't matter as he's going nowhere. Two year rolling contract or not with Tagg and Perryman in charge he is not under any pressure. When we got relegated the talk in the paper wasn't about whether he'd be sacked but whether he would choose to stay with us or not. He couldn't be in a safer job.

wemissmoxey

Change Tis is getting bored for Tis has run out of ideas and I'd say your post is pretty accurate.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

I love this "Tis is bored" crap. Even the ones who don't want him here are so brainwashed by him that they can't possibly contemplate the fact he is just a **** manager.

He really has done you lot hasnt he!