• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

please tell me Why Exeter City without Paul Tisdale be any better than it is now.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I just don't believe there isn't a decent upcoming manager in non-league who would come here on a living wage and who could do a job for us. Many would grab the opportunity and, I'd wager, some would make a good go of it.

Somebody like Jon Brady at Bracknell Town. He's been in the game long enough and knows how to do the job. There are others.

Last edited:

malcolms

I just don't believe there isn't a decent upcoming manager in non-league who would come here on a living wage and who could do a job for us. Many would grab the opportunity and, I'd wager, some would make a good go of it.

Somebody like Jon Brady at Bracknell Town. He's been in the game long enough and knows how to do the job. There are others.
Sorry Pete, he's in Northamptonshire not Berkshire...

DB9

Not sure if the OP is winding people up or just fishing for reaction but as others have said, There would be a line of people if Tis went with their own ideas. Most clubs at this level don't have a pot to **** in and work on the loan and free transfer market. PT is not the be all and end all and not the ONLY manager who could manage ECFC with a tight budget. No one person is bigger than the club but some on here seem to think that and PT is irreplaceable!

Terryhall

Another example would be Garry Flitcroft who has taken Chorley Town up through the pyramid to the Conference North. There are certainly other managers who could come in and do a job, and perhaps some would do a better job than Tis, and perhaps some would do a worse job. I thought we would struggle to replace Dolan and Inglethorpe when they both left us and both times I think we recruited well to replace them. However I am still a Tisdale supporter, and my personal opinion is that I don't think a change of manager would be a step forward for the club.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Sorry Pete, he's in Northamptonshire not Berkshire...
Yes Malcolm and I bleddy knew it was Brackley too!! :)

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
It wouldn't be. Not by a long chalk.

wemissmoxey

Why ??

From what you have seen at SJP during the last two to three years why are you so confident ??

malcolms

Sorry Rae, you are going to have to show us your workings on how you come to such an unequivocal conclusion...and dress sense doesn't cut it I'm afraid...

Grecian_Jay

Why ??

From what you have seen at SJP during the last two to three years why are you so confident ??
Don't even humour her Missy.

PeteUSA

Why ??

In defence of Rae old bean, I think our Rae is under the wheather regarding mobility and managing to get to any games (not unlike me I suppose!) Its highly unlikely that Rae will attend games in the near future, to my knowledge. She is to a reasonable degree confined to barracks..