• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton v Exeter Matchday Thread

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, we appear to have rectified that, in the first half for example both Jay and Wheeler (at least I think it was Wheeler) stayed up on the halfway line
Where was Wheeler playing Posse, from the line up I presumed he was in the wing back role ?

Cheers

Avening Posse

Where was Wheeler playing Posse, from the line up I presumed he was in the wing back role ?

Cheers
Always get a bit confused with tactical line ups Missy, but in the first half for the first 25 mins (and maybe because play dictated he had to) he looked like a right back to me, he definitely pulled his weight in terms of being near the goal line when under pressure. When we got into it more in the 2nd part of the first half he was much more a right winger. Second half we were poorer and he was substituted, and rightly so as their left sided attacking players were giving him hell

wemissmoxey

Always get a bit confused with tactical line ups Missy, but in the first half for the first 25 mins (and maybe because play dictated he had to) he looked like a right back to me, he definitely pulled his weight in terms of being near the goal line when under pressure. When we got into it more in the 2nd part of the first half he was much more a right winger. Second half we were poorer and he was substituted, and rightly so as their left sided attacking players were giving him hell
Thanks Posse and fair play to you for your continued commitment to the cause, hopefully you will be rewarded with a goal or two and a win soon !! [G] (drunk)

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Wheeler will be another young talent who has his career wasted by Tisdale. He isn't a ****ong defender!

Well-known Exeweb poster
He tired dramatically. Which is probably why pt has been sparing in starting him

Silver fox

Thanks Posse and fair play to you for your continued commitment to the cause, hopefully you will be rewarded with a goal or two and a win soon !! [G] (drunk)
Hopefully in the next fortnight, back to back home games now, any of you two coming down for them?

wemissmoxey

Wheeler will be another young talent who has his career wasted by Tisdale. He isn't a ****ong defender!
Yep, either stick him out wide on the right and ask him to get at the opposing full back or stick him up top playing on the shoulder.

The lad is a real threat yet we seem to be wasting him in our own half.

wemissmoxey

Hopefully in the next fortnight, back to back home games now, any of you two coming down for them?
Hi Foxy,

I won't be at the Mansfield game however I may show my face at the Oxford game.

Silver fox

Hi Foxy,

I won't be at the Mansfield game however I may show my face at the Oxford game.
I'll be at both and Jay might be at the Oxford game (y) let me know nearer the time and I'll buy you a drink to celebrate another dismal performance (drunk)

wemissmoxey

I'll be at both and Jay might be at the Oxford game (y) let me know nearer the time and I'll buy you a drink to celebrate another dismal performance (drunk)
Very kind offer Foxy, if I can make it I'll drop you a line.