• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley at the game yesterday?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Wait untill January , sell Grimes for 500,000 and get Harley into replace him.

geoffwp

Wait untill January , sell Grimes for 500,000 and get Harley into replace him.
Or keep him and let Tis continue to develop him then sell him on for a lot more than that? At todays ridiculous prices half a mill could well be severely undervaluing the lad thinking ahead.

paperclip

Or keep him and let Tis continue to develop him then sell him on for a lot more than that? At todays ridiculous prices half a mill could well be severely undervaluing the lad thinking ahead.
Tricky one this. With the clubs finances apparently being so perilous, how long do you leave it before 'cashing in'? I would hate for him to get a bad injury which might detrimentally affect his sale price (Darren Rowbotham in 1990 springs to mind).

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
He will never be worth more than £500k while he is with us because any potential buyer knows that we are in no position to turn down any offer of half a million squids.

Avening Posse

He will never be worth more than £500k while he is with us because any potential buyer knows that we are in no position to turn down any offer of half a million squids.
Not so sure Big Banker, I reckon it depends on how many are watching

Banksy

Well , £ 500000 up front would be useful in keeping us afloat for a while , the trick will be negotiating decent add-ons for further down the line i.e when he gets called up for England ( and I don't mean the U 20's !) . :D

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread, but I don't get why Harley has to come back to us to train to help him get a move away from Swindon, unless that move was to us?

Surely, Harley's allowed to train at Swindon plus he's on the transfer list so his name will have been circulated to clubs, so why does him training with us improve his chances of a deal at another club? It doesn't. So, I can only assume, that Tisdale has told Harley he wants to sign him, and Harley wants to return, but as we're not in a position to offer a deal currently, he has agreed to come and train with us to re-familiarise himself with the club and get used to his potential new team mates.

I think some assume that Northampton were paying a large part, if not all of Nicholls' wages, but now he's been recalled maybe there will be a small part of the budget freed up to give us chance of bringing Harley in on loan.

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if he signs for us very soon.
The only way he'll sign is if somebody leaves. Like has been said if grimes goes in january, hopefully we can bring him in.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only way he'll sign is if somebody leaves. Like has been said if grimes goes in january, hopefully we can bring him in.
Someone has left....Nicholls

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's quite possible northampton were paying a large part of his wages.

On the up

Not sure we ever paid any salary for Nichols. Think he was free from Northampton.