• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 1st Round

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
" Tiverton Town F.C. ‏@tivertontownfc · 28m28 minutes ago
Good luck from @tivertontownfc to @didcottownfc against @OfficialECFC in the #FACup"

WELL THANKS TIVVY - wait until you want someone on loan or a favour !!!
They were due to play Tivvy on First Round day.

They are at Banbury tomorrow night so an early chance for Tis to go and watch them

ecfc70

I'm not sure why....if a club like ECFC can't feel confident to win a game like this then something is seriously wrong. We should be celebrating our good fortune, we could have drawn Gillingham or someone flying at the top of the league....
oh i'm confident we can win it, just like i was confident last year but that didnt quite go to plan.......on paper we should be 4 up by half time but as we know anything can happen and our recent cup record isn't exactly inspiring

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Remember Nuneaton ....
And who could forget Curzon.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Exeter boss Paul Tisdale said: "There is no shame in it. I thought my team played quite well but I don't want to belittle Warrington. They scored the early goal, worked really hard and it's a great day for them. It hurts for us."

Just substitute "Didcot" for "Warrington" and you have this season's post match comment! :D

Avening Posse

You have to feel for poor old Carlisle, they've already endured Parc des gnomes on a Tuesday so far this season, and get them away again......

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Well of course we are away again and they will probably have a terrible pitch that is so much smaller than ours. tisdale wont know anything about them. the ref will probably be awful, the crowd will be right on top of us, the tv will be wanting an upset, they might even put everyone behind the ball and try to kick us so its very worrying.............

No Excuses this time city :mad:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
BBC highlighting our game first. Indicative?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34631760

I shall miss this one, in Chile for a wedding.
The Beeb will likely not want to pick us for a successive season so I'd say there's a good chance we'll be on BT.

Salford on the BBC will be a certainty due to their love-in with the 'Class of 92' and the close proximity to BBC Sport HQ.

Spoonz Red E

And who could forget Curzon.
Curzon, Ashton, Warrington, Nuneaton and ..on and ..on and ..on.

ecfc70

The Beeb will likely not want to pick us for a successive season so I'd say there's a good chance we'll be on BT.

Salford on the BBC will be a certainty due to their love-in with the 'Class of 92' and the close proximity to BBC Sport HQ.
did they not cover argyle 2 seasons in a row against non-league opposition?

Avening Posse

We used to hold the record for being knocked out by non-league opposition the most before the days of conference sides invading the league, I wonder if we still hold this dubious accolade ?