• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 1st Round

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well of course we are away again and they will probably have a terrible pitch that is so much smaller than ours. tisdale wont know anything about them. the ref will probably be awful, the crowd will be right on top of us, the tv will be wanting an upset, they might even put everyone behind the ball and try to kick us so its very worrying.............

No Excuses this time city :mad:
They'll be driving tractors down that pitch as we speak :D

Oldsmobile-88

We used to hold the record for being knocked out by non-league opposition the most before the days of conference sides invading the league, I wonder if we still hold this dubious accolade ?
Yes...We held the record for a league side being beaten by non league opposition at one point..Crewe or Halifax took that dubious record from us about 30 years ago...

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
We used to hold the record for being knocked out by non-league opposition the most before the days of conference sides invading the league, I wonder if we still hold this dubious accolade ?
on top of the recent two I can recall Bognor, enfield, Maidstone twice. before that I believe we had alvechurch, Walton and hersham and sure there were some more before that. could technically count Gravesend and Stevenage but we were non league then as well.

rp42

Can't see it being put on tv,no giant killing us losing again is it?

grecIAN Harris

on top of the recent two I can recall Bognor, enfield, Maidstone twice. before that I believe we had alvechurch, Walton and hersham and sure there were some more before that. could technically count Gravesend and Stevenage but we were non league then as well.
Didn't we also get done by D&R before they came into the league.?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why is it the scummers are always at home and we are always away.....
Why indeed I would be very interested to see the results of any research into our and their cup draws record. Pretty certain the Gaws have had the best of the deal......annoying and frustrating.

Joshyd123

BBC have Didcot face Exeter as the headline on their FA Cup article. Possibly a sign of us to be televised again?

Mackster

Nailed on for the BBC TV game, it's the lead headline on 5Live. The Beeb would hope that the lowest ranked team would get a league side, even better that it was us.

Tis should walk if he can't beat the Diddy men.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't we also get done by D&R before they came into the league.?
Yes 3-0, live on TV.

Strangely we haven't lost there since

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
And who could forget Curzon.
Or Bognor Regis.