• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thing is at the end of the day if Andy Holt knows the rules with reference to bonus structures surely he is the man at fault !

And you have to admit any sort of extra bonus is an incentive to play that little bit better, The players who were bench warmers end up with a hot apple pie and the goalscorer ends up with a super-duper double deluxe burger with extra cheese and fries.

Who's to say this is the only extra bonus they get though !
So if your boss buys you a drink after work down the pub on a Friday night, do you think it should be listed in your employment contact as a taxable bonus ? Compared to all the crap that the EFL does urgently need to sort out, I would still suggest that Shaun Harvey is "fiddling about whilst Rome burns".

ecfc70

Was there an investigation when Ranieri bought pizza for Leicester when they won the premier league?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
So if your boss buys you a drink after work down the pub on a Friday night, do you think it should be listed in your employment contact as a taxable bonus ? Compared to all the crap that the EFL does urgently need to sort out, I would still suggest that Shaun Harvey is "fiddling about whilst Rome burns".
A I am the boss and B I wouldn't go down the pub with my boss , ive been in that situation before where the boss wants to be my mate and it doesn't work out I prefer my boss to be just that a boss, if I want to go down the pub after work i'll go with people I want to be around away from a working environment.

All im saying CB is you nobody knows if there isn't a few backhanders going into players pockets , How many times have players / managers even coaches and physio's being involved in bungs for a results based sport ?

IndoMike

Thing is at the end of the day if Andy Holt knows the rules with reference to bonus structures surely he is the man at fault !

And you have to admit any sort of extra bonus is an incentive to play that little bit better, The players who were bench warmers end up with a hot apple pie and the goalscorer ends up with a super-duper double deluxe burger with extra cheese and fries.

Who's to say this is the only extra bonus they get though !
What about Ranieri treating his players to pizzas? i bet nobody investigated that one. In my opinion it is ridiculous to investigate this latest "Burgergate" case and the person involved would be best advised to look after the interests of the lower league clubs rather than waste time on trivialities like this.

Jazzi

Was there an investigation when Ranieri bought pizza for Leicester when they won the premier league?
Agree that this sounds trivial, but you must see a difference in a one-off (they did only win the league once!) and a regular thing - if that is what it is.

IndoMike

Agree that this sounds trivial, but you must see a difference in a one-off (they did only win the league once!) and a regular thing - if that is what it is.
I think there's no law forbidding a boss from treating his employees to a cheap meal.

Jazzi

I think there's no law forbidding a boss from treating his employees to a cheap meal.
I suspect that if a boss treated his staff to a cheap meal as a matter of routine every Friday, HMRC would take the view that it was a taxable perk.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Brilliant from Lincoln beating Promotion chasing Shrewsbury in the Final today.....

Promotion & cup win in the same season following promotion & FA cup quarter final last season...what a job the Cowley brothers are doing

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suspect that if a boss treated his staff to a cheap meal as a matter of routine every Friday, HMRC would take the view that it was a taxable perk.
Yes. IMO this doesn't meet the test for a "trivial benefit". I'm a bit out of date with this but looked it up.

https://www.gov.uk/expenses-and-benefits-trivial-benefits.

Basically it's a maximum of £50 per employee and must not be a routine occurrence or a reward for performance or part of their contract

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Brilliant from Lincoln beating Promotion chasing Shrewsbury in the Final today.....

Promotion & cup win in the same season following promotion & FA cup quarter final last season...what a job the Cowley brothers are doing
Possible promotion this

Status
Not open for further replies.