• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brilliant from Lincoln beating Promotion chasing Shrewsbury in the Final today.....

Promotion & cup win in the same season following promotion & FA cup quarter final last season...what a job the Cowley brothers are doing
Although arguably they could have played most of the match with 10 men after what Rhead did to the Shrewsbury 'keeper.

Oldsmobile-88

Although arguably they could have played most of the match with 10 men after what Rhead did to the Shrewsbury 'keeper.
Jeeze..Just seen that,how on earth did he stay on the pitch ?

In old money,he ‘did’ the keeper !

Last edited:

dontpassback

He stayed on the pitch for one reason,the wonderfully incompetent gavin ward ,enough said !!!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I like that - keepers get too much protection these days

LOG

I like that - keepers get too much protection these days
They probably are but what he did was entirely deliberate and completely cowardly. There was nothing to like about it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder of Jack Lester is still considered a here by Chesterfield fans?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
And for those of you who haven't seen the incident here it is https://www.balls.ie/football/dean-henderson-manchester-united-386656

What happened to the Shrewsbury 22 to have a parch over his eye?

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That was always a dicey appointment for me - the club hero returning as manager usually ends in tears.

hardi2b

Just seen the "hit" by Rhead on the goalkeeper....Elbow blows to the neck can cause very serious damage up to death ask any martial arts practitioner, Rhead looked, saw the young 'keeper and deliberately intended to harm him, vicious and disgusting should be banned and then prosecuted for GBH. What a piece of filth!

Legohead

Banned
He is yes, by most i would expect. I live in Chesterfield and know quite a few direit...............err sorry, Spireites fans. They blame the owners and previous board members such as ex Sheffield Wednesday 'keeper Chris Turner for screwing the club over and doing a bunk leaving the club in a Torquay-esque state of affairs. The sad thing about the decline at the football club is that everyone could see it coming a few years ago yet have been powerless to stop it happening.

Jack Lester had to take the job given his cult status here but all of the fans i've spoken to didn't want him to get appointed because they believed he was on a hiding to nothing and didn't want to see his legend tarnished. It was a critical time where after successive managerial failures of Dean Saunders, Danny Wilson and Gary Caldwell, all managers with prior experience, the bringing in of a total rookie was a gamble worth taking. After all, what was there to lose?

I think the general consensus is that Lester isn't the man responsible if the club are relegated, the fans have turned on the players calling them unfit to play professional football let alone wear the shirt but they have also turned on the owners and with very, very, very good reason. Lester does have to take a small portion of blame as expected but he will emerge with his cult hero status still firmly in tact if the club drop to the non league i'm pretty sure.

Just my opinion based on what i know, who i know and their social media stuff but only a small sample of CFC fans. I obviously can't speak for all of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.