• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hartlepool United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have to say that I haven't seen any lack of effort from Bowman in the games I've watched on iFollow and from interviews and his body language during games I don't think anyone is more frustrated by his lack of goals than he is.
Well he's been here nearly a year and his goal return is mediocre at best, You can have all the effort in the world but if you're a striker your job is to score goals which he ain't doing enough of, His career hasn't exactly been prolific and everyone says when Ajose is fit then things will happen with him and Bowman up front, At the moment we have one who can't hit a barn door and one who's sicknote, But we are second in L2 and thank gord for those that are scoring

Red Devon

Going forward I’m not overly bothered by the poor showing last night...the disappointing third round draw did nothing to raise excitement for this replay and with the MT starting 11 showing that the FA Cup was quite rightly playing second fiddle to our League campaign and the goal of promotion the mindset wasn’t quite on it I feel.

Legohead

Banned
Good point by Red Devon. Although we are disappointed to lose last night not only in terms of progression to round 3 but also monetary gain to the club, can you imagine how gutted we'd be if it were Man City we were to have faced in round 3 and not Oxford?

Good point by Red Devon. Although we are disappointed to lose last night not only in terms of progression to round 3 but also monetary gain to the club, can you imagine how gutted we'd be if it were Man City we were to have faced in round 3 and not Oxford?
If we had Man City I think you would have seen a different result last night in fairness.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wasn't last night we lost the tie it was second half, or the final twenty minutes of the tie at SJP that we lost it. The monkey hangers should have been out of sight by then

DB9

If we had Man City I think you would have seen a different result last night in fairness.
Whoever we got in the 3rd round should not make one iota of difference, We are playing to win games, No matter the opposition

Legohead

Banned
We can't know that. Hartlepool would also have raised their game.

AL_Yates

The £20 gesture is a great effort. I am sure that is really appreciated by those that traveled. . As an aside Talksport asked for Exeter fans to ring in at full time. We had just got in the car, so I did. They were really supportive of our fans and they gave us all an on air round of applause. After being on the show, I did mention live on air the letters from the club, winning the fan engagement award. They later called me back to tell me I had one the fan of the day call. They also asked me to call back in at 02:00 in the morning to update on progress. I did say we had just under 100 fans at the game and we got some great on air press from them. They will be calling me today to award me a prize. I think it would only be right to donate any prize back into the club STARS campaign to celebrate the efforts of those that went. (assuming they do!?!)

UTC

TVR

geoffwp

Al - well done on being a proper Grecian! UTC
So, only those who attended last night are "proper" grecians? Presumably the rest of us are just grecians without the "proper" tag? Do those who have earned the extra keep it for all time or does it only last for the one game?

Oldsmobile-88

Really !!

That is a serious indictment on the team & management if it was a true(which it ain’t)

I would hope the team go out to win rather than look at a bigger potential game.